cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer tried to blackmail me

So a month ago I had a buyer contact me telling me he was a motorcycle shop and do I sell wholesale 

I made him a private ebay listing with the wholesale price 

that in itself is a big hit because it takes from my margins 

I make him a stock seat the same seat I have made hundreds of times before that many other buyers love 

He emails me saying that I pulled the material too tight and it ripped please give him 100 dollars not to open a case ...yep he tried to blackmail me inside ebay messaging 

I replied telling him I can recover it at no cost to him if there is damage or if he is wanting a nother color more suited to his bike I knew that it is impossible for material to rip 

He sends me a picture of the seat with a knife cut underneath on the bottom the son of gun cut my work underneath trying to get a discount 

a few hours later he starts saying to call him because the seat does not fit the bike and he wants me to make a new seat and I am fine with that too 

This guy keeps messaging me and messaging me one question and one request after another I can hardly answer the email or the question before another is in my mailbox he is calling the shop too his voicemails make no sense at all rambling weirdness

Anyway he sends me a picture of the seat on a bike he doesnt even have the bike he ordered the seat for it is a different model that is okay I can make a seat for that too He claims he is a shop but I dont think so because there are no shops in his state with that name Now he just opened a not as described case but the seat is completly as described and custom made to order acording to height weight and inseam I am refusing to speak to him on the phone because I dont want to talk to him outside of ebay

I have been on here for 10+ years do you think ebay will know my item is as decribed ? It will also cost me materials and 2 hours work to recover the seat when I get it back I have to drill out the rivets re sew and recover He is not asking for a return or exchange he is asking for money back ? I finally got a sale paid my phone bill and I have to ake back a damged product and pay this guy too I hope not 

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: buyer tried to blackmail me

He can just toss anything in a box he likes as long as it has a twacking number its all good in ebays eyes....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Just select return for refund nothing else you can do......

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Just select return for refund nothing else you can do......

This (arrow pointing up) You got him on this one. He is incapable of doing a return. No further correspondence necessary.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I quit answering questions and yes I am hoping he doesnt return

I made correct item 

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

He can just toss anything in a box he likes as long as it has a twacking number its all good in ebays eyes....

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The second a buyer sends the I got a problem email - I stop talking with the exception of the magic words- return for refund or file a case.  And i block them.

(*Bleep*)
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Since you already have the return for refund things covered let me say:

I am so sorry!!  That buyer indeed sounds like a LOON!     confused-8.gif

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I let my guys listen to the voicemail and they looked at each other at the same time and said drugs he is on something or just plain nutso

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Yeah, as soon as he said "motorcycle shop"I would be thinking  "mentl hospital with ape hangers"

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@motorgirl63  Read your post ... wow.  In the back of my mind I'm thinking its probably a good thing the seat is not working out for the Buyer, I would hate to think of them on a cycle riding the highways ... I tend to agree with some other folks, cut your loss and message the Buyer to return the item for a full refund through eBay's Resolution Center ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

he says he is a mechanic I hope he is not working on peoples bikes

Danger Will Robinson Danger Danger

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Wrong on so many levels buyer tried to black mail me in eBay messages and they want me to pay shipping both ways on a custom made item that he cut up 

80.00 in shipping 

Pictures and messages show it you can be a drugged out weirdo and get your money back no matter what 

Okay I wil eat it but please give me some sales so I can absorb the cost 

I am literally crying I cant pay my fees or my phone bill I am out of ideas

I have been in the motorcycle industry since 1984 this clown shouldn't even be working on a tricycle 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@motorgirl63 wrote:

So a month ago I had a buyer contact me telling me he was a motorcycle shop...

(snippity-doodah)

I would have stopped him right there and point out that just because he identifies as a motorcycle shop does not entitle him to any special treatment or accomodations.  😄

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Sorry for any confusion the edits may have caused. The edits were to the topic title only. Thanks for your understanding. If you have any questions in regards to the edit, please contact me via private message.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I apologize to anybody I may have ofended my comment were not directed at persons in this forum 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply