cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer requirements set to not sell to Int. buyer in Puerto Rico NOT working!

Hi,

I have my buyer requirements set to not sell to International buyer in Puerto Rico, along with all other country at "risk" when it comes to scammer and high risk of packages being lost in transic or stolen.

Despite this, and after double checking that those buyer requirements were still in place in "my eBay" account, I had a buyer from Puerto Rico today who bought and paid for one item. Not very high priced one, but with shipping + item price the total was around $100.

1- HOW THE HELL did he managed to buy from me with those buyer requirements set to block buyer from his country?

2-What should I do now? Ship it anyway and pray for the best (which I am sure will just lead to a INR or INAD case), or cancel the transaction? (but then since the buyer paid already he may strike back with a Neg feedback)

It's REALLY annoying having to deal with this now, because of eBay not able to make their site and tools (that we pay for) to work properly thoough.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: buyer requirements set to not sell to Int. buyer in Puerto Rico NOT working!

PR is part of the United States so if you sell in the US, you sell to PR - and Guam, and VI, and APO military addresses too.

Message 61 of 67
latest reply

Re: buyer requirements set to not sell to Int. buyer in Puerto Rico NOT working!

@missjen831 wrote:

I’m sure buyers in Puerto Rico are equally annoyed when uneducated US sellers refuse to sell to them. Puerto Rico is not an international county, it’s part of the US. It’s amazing how many US sellers don’t realize this. Especially with all the publicity PR has received lately due to the hurricanes......it doesn’t cost anymore to ship there via USPS.

Plthththt! I had a postal clerk demand a customs form for HAWAII!

Message 62 of 67
latest reply

@drakkordragon wrote:

To be clear to ALL. Please stop posting comment about Puerto Rico not being international & foreign country. I KNOW Puerto Rico IS part of the US. I should have choosen another word than international sale, and may be "out of the main US countinent" sale instead.

BUT this thread isn't about debating on the state of Puerto Rico and the US continent, BUT about how a buyer from a blocked country in buyer requirements was still able to buy from me and what I should do now.

Thank you for your understanding.

I will sell to just about anybody who pays.  Hawaiian, Alaskan, US citizens with PO boxes, military members - their money all spends pretty good so why not sell to them?

Message 63 of 67
latest reply

And, just as an observation ... more packages go missing in Houston TX and Bell Gardens CA sorting centers than in PR.

PR is the UNITED STATES. Shipping to PR via USPS is handled by USPS door to door ... no customs, no international handoff ... exactly like shipping one town over. Tracking, Signature Confirmation, the whole shebang. It is US to US, no extra charges, no extra time, even.

A Priority Mail package takes the same amount of time to reach PR as it would to any other Zone 7-8 location.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 64 of 67
latest reply

@missjen831

@missjen831 wrote:

@mistwomandancing wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

I’m sure buyers in Puerto Rico are equally annoyed when uneducated US sellers refuse to sell to them. Puerto Rico is not an international county, it’s part of the US. It’s amazing how many US sellers don’t realize this. Especially with all the publicity PR has received lately due to the hurricanes......it doesn’t cost anymore to ship there via USPS.

Many sellers are well educated but choose to not sell outside the continental United States.  Choosing to NOT sell to Puerto Rico doesn't mean a seller is uneducated.  What the heck?

Glad the OP got the instruction to help her correct the settings for her listings from now on as she wants them set. 

You misunderstood what I said. I was referring to sellers that think shipping to PR is shipping internationally. 

lol   But sometimes It really goes by a slow boat...

I sold a rigid brake line to Pearl Harbor HI

The box was big enough that I could fit in it.

Tracking showed it getting to Cali.... then nothing for two weeks.

I sent the buyer a message about it.

He was cool about it.

When I was at the PO, I ask about slow boats ( my PO guy is a seller also )

And he said yes, it is going by a boat.

And the item does not go until the boat gets full.

It took a full month for the item to get there.

I don't sell to protectorates, ( mostly because I can't spell it )

Small priority goes on the plane, but big and bulky... you get the boat.

Message 65 of 67
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

And, just as an observation ... more packages go missing in Houston TX and Bell Gardens CA sorting centers than in PR.

PR is the UNITED STATES. Shipping to PR via USPS is handled by USPS door to door ... no customs, no international handoff ... exactly like shipping one town over. Tracking, Signature Confirmation, the whole shebang. It is US to US, no extra charges, no extra time, even.

A Priority Mail package takes the same amount of time to reach PR as it would to any other Zone 7-8 location.

It used to be the sort center in Atlanta...who coincidently was making money hand over fist with their auctions of "undeliverable" items.  It made me wonder how hard they were trying to get items delivered...

Message 66 of 67
latest reply

@rixstuff wrote:

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

It used to be the sort center in Atlanta...who coincidently was making money hand over fist with their auctions of "undeliverable" items.  It made me wonder how hard they were trying to get items delivered...

Atlanta is one of the 2 "Mail Recovery Centers" in the US (the other is in St Paul Minnesota).

They are what used to be called the Dead Letter Office 🙂

All undeliverable items that are determined to be "auctionable" go to Atlanta ...

http://blog.stamps.com/2011/04/28/usps-mail-recovery-center/

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 67 of 67
latest reply