cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boy do I feel dumb (store subscriptions)

Out of a sense of optimism I upgraded to a Premium store for such time as I finally get up to 1000 FP listings. It gave me cheaper auctions. But then I actually looked at the Hub promotional listings data and the FP listings were coming out of the additional FP in select categories (my category of books is in there),  50K of them!. Finally learning about this (I said I was dumb) it was clear to me that I don't need a Premium store at all because with Basic I will also get more than I could ever use.

So I called CS and got a very patient representative who understood my confusion. It turns out I was (apparently) able to downgrade back to Basic without a fee because I just upgraded a few days ago. I'll have to monitor my transactions; she said if a fee showed up to call back. The whole thing makes me want to quietly crawl back under my rock.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Oh you got very lucky.  I'm glad however that Ebay was able to help you out of the pickle.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Based on your number of listings, I wondered about that move when you posted, but I thought it might have to do with your plan for auction listings and wanting more of those.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

So the TLDR is:

You upgraded from Basic to Premium without really knowing the fee structure or benefits of either of those subscriptions, and eBay bailed you out of that uninformed decision. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@keziak  Ha Ha, at least you HAVE a rock, some don't LOL

Message 5 of 5
latest reply