Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Ebay makes the news again! Michael Jordan card sells for $350,100

Michael Jordan card. I think I saw one like this in a garage sale. Wouldn't you like to have found one and passed the chance to buy it? https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/true-holy-grail-michael-jordan-trading-card-sells-for-ebay-record-price-of-3501...

Description Question / Category

Hello.I just sold an item. But the buyer is unhappy i was not an original. It was a autograph and a reprint. I had not mentioned it was a reprint in the Item description area. But had listed in the categories of reprints. Did i do anything wrong. The...

Now in USA, all FP durations except GTC are gone (at least for me)

There was a thread started yesterday(?) saying that in Australia sellers were being dumped, without warning (of course), into a beta where the only fixed price duration allowed is GTC. Apparently this beta has sailed across the Pacific because when I...

User avatar by Guide
  • 60 replies
  • 2 helpful

PROMOTED LISINGS and TRENDING RATES

I am a power seller on Ebay since 2012 selling high end pre owned and some new clothing and fine vintage items--I have over 900 items displayed. How many of my 900 items should I promote and is their a difference in the" trending rates" with regard t...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

but won't GTC be good for Google searches? I know sellers have wanted their stuff to show in Google searches...and it does, but a lot of times the link leads to an expired listing. I get a small amount of traffic from outside sources already, wouldn'...

SHIP SHIP SHIP YOU ARE GOOD...TIL CANCELLED SCREWED WELCOME TO SHIPPING HELL

Quickly, if you don't know, ebay has mandated there are no more duration options for FIXED PRICING AKA BIN ITEMS they will soon only be listed as good til cancelled. YOU HAVE NO OPTION.The geniuses at ebay aka e-geniuses forgot one thing. SHIPPING HE...

Another GENIUS decision!

So, 1 more genius decision was made that is putting me 1 step closer to ending my selling days here. Removing the 30-day fixed price option?? Really??!! Asinine! After another poor week of sales, this is helping me make another decision about this si...

Oh USPS, you are a hoot!

You know how you can get those plastic white bins/boxes and clear bags to hold your packages? Well I get alot of them from my mail carrier or sometimes grab a bunch of them when I drop off at random POs. From time to time I would find a small package...

Resolved! Package stuck near Buyers location? Help..

Hello, I sold an item recently and ensured the package with tracking and insurance. The item was suppose to arrive a few days ago and has remained in the same location near the buyer's address. When looking at the tracking history it states "The item...

Any Thoughts on Using 10 Day Auctions?

Hi all. Just had a 10-day duration auction close. It was a vintage collectible item in the medical device category. Looking at past sales on-line for it, I found others like it and they did well. Mine did ok, but fell short of the expected target. I ...

How often do you add folks to your BBL and why?

I'm just curious how many of us add people to their BBL on a regular basis? And why do you do it? I have collected a few on my list, but I know not nearly as many as some do. Last count was 20 or so with 15 of them being in the last year. I feel it m...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 23 replies
  • 3 helpful

So we got an "early" update - so what does the real Spring Update hold for us?

I'm thinking this one was because the Spring Update is usually where they ramp up the fees for having a store/cut the # of listings allowed etc etc. They wanted to get the outcry against FP going to GTC out of the way first? (I didn't notice but is t...

How long does it take retracted feedback to show up

A buyer recently gave me unwarranted negative feedback. After we communicated she agreed to retract it. I sent her the feedback retract request and she said she did it. However, it's been several hours and the original negative feedback is still ther...

No Way to Appeal the Decision

For the first time in many years of using eBay, they have disappointed me.I received an inaccurately described item and asked them to step in. They closed the case with no way to Appeal the decision or even to further contact eBay.The seller had prov...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Buyer False Reason for Return

I had a buyer purchase an item, I shipped it within minutes, then a half hour later I get a message that he wants to cancel the order. Unfortunately I was unable to cancel the order as it was already in the carriers possession and told this to the bu...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors