Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Blocked buyer bought item with guest account

I blocked a buyer who wanted to argue about price, etc, and seemed to be a general pain. So they just went ahead and used a guest account to buy the item! eBay tells me if I don’t send the item, I will get a defect! So I send the item and hope for th...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 41 replies
  • 10 helpful

eBay Charging 4% Penalty for Items not described!!!

Just an FYI I checked my invoice for last 3 months and I was charged 4k in extra fees because of this lame update from last year, where if you have higher item not as described rate than your peers then you are charged extra 4% fee. Now before anyone...

How much would it cost to ship the following...?

How much would it cost to ship a Priority Mail Large Mailing Box that is 15 pounds, and planned to be shipped to 29615, Greenville, SC? I need to do the math now because I just got an offer on something and I would like to respond quickly to the buye...

2 Of My Listings Were Taken Down

Ebay took down 2 of my listings right before they ended. I was selling vintageknives. One was taken down because I have 2 switchblades in the lot.The other listing was taken down because one of my knives was a Adolf Hitler pocket knife. Well they hav...

Resolved! Listing question

I had a possible buyer (I think) message me today about my shipping charges listed on an item. I was confused but thought it was someone who wants me to send an item for way below its actual weight. When I checked the item listing, the weight was fin...

Now bidders can retract with no reason whatsoever?

Had an item with a bid and sat down to see if any new bids came in a little while ago and instead the opposite, the bid was gone.I clicked to see what happened to see the retraction. It used to be you got about four choices to pick from when you retr...

Can't list motorcycle tshirt because it has the word Indian

Trying to list tshirts - one is an Indian Chief motorcycle - and I get this -see attached.No way to bypass it - no OK to click, nothing. I had to go back a screen and start over. Changed the title and description to India Chief and it let me list it ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 28 replies
  • 4 helpful

Was Going To List Some Auctions Tonight, But At My Age, I Don't Have Enough Life Left to waste.

I used to spend a lot of time listing, but now, all my time is devoted to trying ti keep up with the endless non stop changes and Updates. Having to CONSTANTLY relearn the site. Over and over and over. To actually FEAR listing because I may have miss...

Bogus view counts?

Anyone else getting bogus view counts? I know mine are bogus. As in 6 views within 10 seconds on items that shouldn't get 6 views in a month. Almost every listing I post is this way. Ebay shenanigans?

Can't pay Ebay

Hello. I recently sold an item and as I chosen, a small percentage shall go to Ebay due to increased visibility for the sold item. I expect it to deduce that amount from the total value of the sell, but apparently it did not happen for some unknown r...

The Scammer That Keeps on Coming Back

I've been selling for awhile now, so this isn't my first scammer, but it's the first one that just keeps on coming back. Apparently she has very specific tastes and keeps on hitting the same sellers over and over again (which is going to get really p...

Buyer returned a dismantled clock and a pile of parts

I sold a beautiful clock with the listing clearly stating "as is, untested". A week after the buyer received the clock the buyer demanded a return, I accepted think I could resell it. I received he clock back gutted along with a pile of parts. I open...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 31 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebays' REDICULOUS "On or Before" delivery promises!

It has always fried my eggs that ebay promises my buyers that the package will arrive "on or before" X date; or worse yet "Guaranteed on" X date! IT'S THE USPS! NO TELLING WHEN IT WILL ARRIVE! ...and of course, ebay's delivery "promise" often turns o...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors