Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Preowned items already taxed when purchased new

So why can states collect sales tax on used items already taxed. Seems like double or more taxation. That is why garage sales are not taxed and initially EBAY. New items should follow Tax laws?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Policy on clothing aution with a BIN

If memory serves the policy in the past was the BIN on clothing auctions remained until the bid reached half of the BIN. I see now that a single bid of very much less than 50% erases the BIN , can I assume the old policy has changed?

eBay policies intentionally written to abuse sellers!!

Today I received a return request, item damaged in shipping, not possible unless someone jumped up and down on the box. I must reply within 3 days, issued a return label that does not need to be used for 21 days, and then I am to receive something da...

This is why I miss PayPal

I am a small ebay seller selling on some small platforms, which accept PayPal. I never had any issues with them, and they`ve been always by my side as a seller. It`s been a while since a PP case was opened against me. A buyer either had a remorse or ...

Had a Neg Removed Feel better

First post since the powerseller board went dark....Sold a tool to a customer Monday 3rd & shipped priority Tuesday 4th.Scanned in & scanned that it left regional center Wednesday 5th.Saturday the 8th got an message from customer saying something lik...

Retrieving listings that ebay took down

I'm looking for an answer to how I can retrieve over 100 listings that ebay took down when they knocked me down to Below Standard selling level. Four months ago, they put a cap on the dollar amount I could sell. Now I need to relist these items but t...

Ebaymag

Are you paying insertion fees when you pick your listing to show on other inernational site? Why only some items get charged and other not? What is the advantage of using ebaymag?

Resolved! Not too sure how the 1099k tax code works for Ebay

If I sold something on Ebay for $100 plus $10 in shipping charges, but only received a $90 into my bank account after Ebay took out the money for shipping and fees. What amount would show up on my 1099-K? I had assumed that it would have been the $11...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Warning! New prohibited item announced.

Today ebay removed this listing as well another Skull Queen action figure. It has been listed for a couple months, but, today apparently the rules changed. Yes, she is wearing a top and bottom. Who knows?

IMG_20220117_173755164.jpg OIP.jfif

Can't find the chat box from expert seller response

Hello, I haven't used eBay for a long time and so much has changed since I last used. I was in the middle of conversation with an eBay expert who was quite helpful. She gave me the clear instruction of how to set up the new listing and international ...

Shipping Charges

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can please explain to me why I am always paying MORE for a shipping label than the buyer paid in shipping? I always weigh every item in the package it will be shipped in with the exact measurements of the package yet I en...

What a scam.

Sold an item for 445 dollars PLUS SHIPPING. End of the day I get 386 in my account.... EXPLAIN. I dont understand how I sell something for 445 plus shipping and end up with 386 that is insanely ridiculous. I also ended up paying for shipping pretty m...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 28 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! I listed an item, and was issued an eBay item number:224794365037, but it doesn't show up online.

I'm new to ebay, and listed an item just to learn how things work. I was sent an email showing the item number, and even the listing itself, including photos. However, when I go to ebay.com and look for my listing, I can't find it at all. Any ideas? ...

Resolved! Problem reading help messages

It is my first time on ebay and I want to sell an accordion. I have a lot of questions and I tried to use the ebay help. However even though they answered me by email, I could not open the link of the answer. I have tried with Safari and Chrome. Can ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! what steps to take after Ebay removed listing due to buyers acct being compromised

First off just want to say im brand new to ebay and selling so i fully admit i should have vetted this person more before accepting their offer on the listing....was just excited to sell it got caught up in that lol. Now after they placed their offer...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors