cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addendum to issue of partial refund for overpayment of combined shipping

Recently we had a spritely debate over whether it's a good thing to issue a partial refund when a customer puts in a combined order but doesn't wait for an invoice with combined shipping.  There's no right or wrong answer, it's just a matter of business practice. 

But today I was amused to get this FB because I refunded  a regular customer who went ahead and paid without waiting: "Please don't combine shipping. Keep it as a tip for great service!" My smile for today. 🙂

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Even though it is never expected, the nice little things buyers do and say always make me smile.   I am glad you had a smile, too.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I usually tuck the difference in cash back into the package then sent a quick note to buyer explaining that  Ebay treats a partial refund as a problem with the transaction.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

I usually tuck the difference in cash back into the package then sent a quick note to buyer explaining that  Ebay treats a partial refund as a problem with the transaction.

is that the "transaction defect rate"?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

Got ANY type of link to support this assertion?

eBay blues have in the distant past stated that partial refunds exceeding 80% of the total sale MAY result in a defect because eBay may assume that it was an out of stock situation the seller is trying to hide.

Who refunds 80% or more for a combined shipping discount?

Most sellers have done small partial refunds dozens of times and I have never heard or read of a single report of anyone ever having an issue with their seller performance metrics as a result.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply