cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about to lose top rated seller status

Just wondering if anybody else is about to lose their top rated status for USPS slacking with delivery??? I have a driver pick my orders up daily and scan every item. Ebay it is out of my control to deliver on time I do all that I  can what am I supposed to do deliver door to door?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: about to lose top rated seller status

If your packages are scanned within your stated handling time, then delayed delivery should not have any effect on your status.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347#section3

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Delivery to Florida and Virginia were a nightmare for me....and I was using some Priority Mail which took weeks due to tracking. Tracking is the problem. 

I have had no problems mailing anything cross country without tracking...usually arrives 3-4 days.

Thankfully, I got "repeat buyers" keeping me alive "them" knowing my items get to them fast.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That's not what ebay says 

1000022320.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The policy states that a shipment is considered late only  if it''s delivered after the latest estimated delivery date AND there's no scan within your handling time.  I wonder if you are actually getting all of your scans on time, i.e. for one-day handling that would be on the next business day after payment, or perhaps some were on the second day.

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 7.27.15 PM.png

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

There are two pieces to the late shipment rate metric and item has to meet BOTH of these to be considered late shipment. 

With tracking, we'll count an item as late when:

• The delivery scan is after the latest estimated delivery date AND
  • There is no carrier scan within your handling time.

Since your are also at 99.61% on your tracking uploaded on time and validated metric I am assuming there were a couple of instances where you never got the tracking information uploaded within your handling time or your driver never actually got the scan in ontime. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Since your are also at 99.61% on your tracking uploaded on time and validated metric I am assuming there were a couple of instances where you never got the tracking information uploaded within your handling time or your driver never actually got the scan in on time. 

Unless the driver has some really out-of-date scanner, it uploads pretty much immediately upon scanning. I get my own inbound delivery notifications in email literally before the USPS truck has turned around at the end of our street.

Where the USPS is currently falling down (for us, locally) is that they're failing to scan the outbound container when picked up by the truck heading for our local origin sort facility. Thus if I do not get an Acceptance scan done at the front desk, there will be no sign at all that I have actually mailed the package until it passes through the origin sort facility, which may not be until the wee hours of the next morning if not later. (The holiday rush is already showing in the Chicago area.)

If the driver scans the package properly on pickup, it will be recognized as Shipped, not late. It's the first in-network scan that counts, not however long it takes to actually arrive. I take mine to our PO myself, and either get a provisional scan from the Self-Serve Kiosk (which eBay will recognize as proof of shipping) or a real Acceptance scan at the front desk if they're open.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

If your packages are scanned within your stated handling time, then delayed delivery should not have any effect on your status.

@divadeals215 

This is correct. Your "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" is below 100%, which means any of those packages not getting scanned within your shipping time and arriving late can affect your late shipment rate.

1. Over the years I've learned while my regular pickup mailman scans each package, drivers on his days off do not always scan.

2. Packages dropped off at USPS are "mostly" scanned (doesn't take much missed scans to kick you out of Top-Rated).

3. When you need the USPS the most (Christmas Season) is when they sometimes decide to not do the scan at the post office so they can process more packages.  During "Covid" some of my packages didn't get the first scan for a week. Worker at USPS said packages were not scanned at USPS and sitting in trucks outside the USPS distribution center waiting for the distribution center to catch up with Christmas rush.

You can take prepaid packages to the counter to be scanned. Wait can be extremely long during Christmas season.

What do I do? Use the "Scan prepaid mail" option at the USPS self-service machines (usually no waiting). Scan and drop in mail bin (Appears as 1st Scan for eBay).

Long-time Top Rated Seller with 100% Tracking uploaded on time and validated and 0% Late shipment rate.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply