cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No size tag on coat

I have the measurements of a womans coat I'm listing but can't find anything that will give the size of the coat.  Help, please.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

No size tag on coat

Search online for any standard size chart - Macy's, for example. Charts are 99% of the time body size, so for coats factor in an extra 4" for body/clothing (so a coat for a size large, for example, would be body size bust 38", coat size 42").

ETA: Or just search 'women's coat size chart', etc.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No size tag on coat

Look up the brand online to see.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No size tag on coat

Luckily outerwear and sleepwear are not as tight fitting so trying it on and guessing my work.  I learned years ago not to buy anything that didn't list a size.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No size tag on coat

Many coats can be guestimated by shoulder breadth, too.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

No size tag on coat

Oh, and that cute Linda Bertozzie jacket is boutique size 3 - that's actually more like a size large. Boutique sizing usually goes 1, 2, 3 and sometimes 4, corresponding to Small, medium, large and XL, and Bertozzie's vintage stuff does follow this scheme, and I think that's one of her vintage pieces. Bertozzie fans will know it's a large but you might reach a larger audience by including "large" in the title and selecting "large" in the sizing.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No size tag on coat

Thank you for your additional help that I didn't even ask for!  Just learned something new..thanks so much!!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

No size tag on coat

Thanks for this.  Was getting frustrated with the google machine in trying to find an answer.  You have been a really great help in other questions I have asked.  Thank you for the great advice you've given me.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No size tag on coat

Thanks.  It took some time to get one that fit the type of coat I have.  Took a lot of measurements.  Sold within 30 minutes of listing..you were a big help.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

No size tag on coat

They had none...changed their business to sell active wear.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply