cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZERO Sales...and Loving it !

No Sales for 3 or 4 weeks weeks now...its awesome > Thank You eBay...I got tired of spending, an hour, on each package - going out.  I have 4 accounts, with 258 listings apiece, totally around 1200.  I actually just realized, I have not had to spend 1 hour for each shipment...thank you eBay...its a great Vacation, due to your sour sales....its a BLESSING, in Disguise !...incredibly a unique eBay style !...no more catching the Mail Carrier Truck, in the HOT weather - I dig it, please continue, for a couple more months!!! you are the Best eBay- forget the sales !...your NEW Algorithm WORKS Fantastic. a seller for 20 yrs.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: ZERO Sales...and Loving it !

Why bother buying anything, everything is free for the taking at the corporate chains.    If the workers call the police on shoplifters, the workers get fired!  

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

@scandinavian_bulk wrote:

It started to pick up for me the last few days.  Btw how can you have 4 acc?

Ebay allows both buyers and sellers to have multiple accounts.  Each account must have their own email address unique to that account.  The primary name and address can be the same on all accounts.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 43
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

There's no need for "Vacation Mode" anymore. They can remove that. If you need time away, just end any promotions.

That is not good advice.  I get it that sales are slow for many sellers.  I understand that and respect all affected sellers, but this is very bad advice and could cause a seller harm.

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

It'd be great if it last a few more weeks, at least until it cools down a bit.

Getting the grand babies in and out of the car in this 110 degree weather to run to the PO sucks.

Have a great day
Message 19 of 43
latest reply

Only approximately 30 sold out of 800. My guess is you will have many days with zero sales. Not sure what you sell on the other 3 I.D.'s but hopefully something wit more demand.

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

I remember a check that bounced.😄

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

Ebay does have some control over what people buy, because Ebay has the power to decide what items those buyers will see, and won't see.  They control exposure.  They also have control over placement.

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

I was once banned for selling for 3 days andI was in heaven

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

I agree. If you believe buyers have left and are buying elsewhere, I would love to know where they are spending their money. I use some of the competing marketplaces and they are much less productive than eBay in both the best and worst of times

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

Ebay does have some control over what people buy, because Ebay has the power to decide what items those buyers will see, and won't see.  They control exposure.  They also have control over placement.

Yes they do, the key word is SOME.  Ebay is not always at fault for things that happen we don't like.  Sometimes other factors affect it too. 

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

Why bother buying anything, everything is free for the taking at the corporate chains.    If the workers call the police on shoplifters, the workers get fired!  

Even if they video the creeps. 

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

Almost the same experience here.  One or two daily and 25 plus years.  Same number of items, two accounts.

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

meeeeeee tooooooo.  

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

There is a lot more to it than anyone could write without sculpting a book.  It IS ebays fault.  The fact that everyone think of ebay as full of crappy incompetent sellers is because of them.  Either you get rid of them or you don't.  You end up washing away certain types of buyers that way.  I DO NOT SHOP EBAY FOR THAT REASON.  My particular category, for example, has people selling blue glass listed as sapphires.  I sincerely have a gem collection and also love moissanites but NOT BUYING FAKES HERE!  Then, how many sellers do you see getting sales directed their way with high negative FB ratings due to delayed shipping, wrong items, or just plain incorrect descriptions?  That is why my friends and family will not shop ebay.   That is greedy ebay ruining it for themselves, mainting bad sellers for the $$$.  Finally, screwing over sellers with zero seller support in reality has chased the very best sellers elsewhere. 

Yes, some of us oldies are still here struggling to unload what we invested in to give ourselves a chance to keep paying our own bills.  I don't tell locals what I do as that info out there can be a  threat... I have neighbors living in $1.000,000 and up homes here on the lake that have actually bragged to me how they screw over ebay/Azn sellers.  That IS ebay policy fault.

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

You can have hundreds as long as you are not trying to or doing anything corrupt.  I have one for fashion jewelry, one for fine jewelry, and one for buying. 

Message 30 of 43
latest reply