cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your eBay selling privileges have been temporarily restricted: Incorrect Product Details

I got a message from Ebay telling me:

Your eBay selling privileges have been temporarily restricted: Incorrect Product Details .

My account has been restricted for 3 days (cannot post new listings). They told me this:

We noticed that you listed an item under the eBay Product ID (ePID) 203705884 (https://www.ebay.com/p/Apple-iPhone-6-64GB-Gold-Verizon-A1549-CDMA-GSM/203705884). The correct ePID for your item is 240445996 (https://www.ebay.com/p/Apple-iPhone-6-64GB-Gold-Unlocked-A1549-CDMA-GSM/240445996).

The Item was listed is Iphone 6 Verizon Unlocked. It is a Verizon phone and it is unlocked!! All Verizon A1549 Phones are unlocked!! Here is a link to Verizon's policy on unlocking phones: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy . Yes the Iphone 6 A1459 is a 4G LTE Device!!

So far Ebay has not helped. They told me "I promised to update you as soon as possible but unfortunately the Proactive team has not reply until now. " Another Ebay representative told me there is No Proactive Team!! 

A few weeks ago I had a similar problem (Verizon vs Unlocked) and a representative from Appeals fixed the problem and reinstated the item. They told me to call  Ebay and this would be fixed if it happened again! Why has this not been fixed? I have called several times! How can this be resolved?! Please Clarify!!

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Your eBay selling privileges have been temporarily restricted: Incorrect Product Details

I think you and the other Ebay rep took that too literally. I believe the first rep just meant a proactive team, not THE Proactive team.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Your eBay selling privileges have been temporarily restricted: Incorrect Product Details

From what you posted, the problem is with epid #,  which is ebay's id #........  I would guess your item got flagged for being on the wrong Product page since you used the wrong epid #.......  (don't know if it's wrong or not, just guessing the reason)

You might try posting on the Product Catelog page....

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Product-Catalog/bd-p/ProductCatalog

They are the ones who are reviewing epid stuff......

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ePID is chosen by either the (a) seller or ebay themselves from what I've read, but, while I'm admittedly not an iphone user both those product pages sure look the same to me apart from a different (somewhat) product blurb and the price.

Both even have some of the same UPC numbers, so what gives?

Also what's with all the obvious feedback reviews showing as product reviews?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Being that cell phones is one of the categories that ebay is begging for sellers' expertise with their so called "catalog" , my money would be on EBAY having it wrong. Nice to know they are issuing suspensions at the same time that they are basically admitting they have no idea if anything is correct or not, or anyone to fix what isn't. 

@syedmhaq

could you possibly help the OP with this?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for tagging me @hioctane62

@excellentelectronics I will follow up on this and get back to you.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

So sorry you got sanctions from this.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@excellentelectronics wrote:

I got a message from Ebay telling me:

Your eBay selling privileges have been temporarily restricted: Incorrect Product Details .

My account has been restricted for 3 days (cannot post new listings). They told me this:

We noticed that you listed an item under the eBay Product ID (ePID) 203705884 (https://www.ebay.com/p/Apple-iPhone-6-64GB-Gold-Verizon-A1549-CDMA-GSM/203705884). The correct ePID for your item is 240445996 (https://www.ebay.com/p/Apple-iPhone-6-64GB-Gold-Unlocked-A1549-CDMA-GSM/240445996).

The Item was listed is Iphone 6 Verizon Unlocked. It is a Verizon phone and it is unlocked!! All Verizon A1549 Phones are unlocked!! Here is a link to Verizon's policy on unlocking phones: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy . Yes the Iphone 6 A1459 is a 4G LTE Device!!

So far Ebay has not helped. They told me "I promised to update you as soon as possible but unfortunately the Proactive team has not reply until now. " Another Ebay representative told me there is No Proactive Team!! 

A few weeks ago I had a similar problem (Verizon vs Unlocked) and a representative from Appeals fixed the problem and reinstated the item. They told me to call  Ebay and this would be fixed if it happened again! Why has this not been fixed? I have called several times! How can this be resolved?! Please Clarify!!

Thank you!!

This is not the first post I have seen recently, temporarily suspending someone in the cell phone cat. for what I consider, a minor infraction and a in fact a highly questionable infraction at that. To make matters worse ebay isn`t being clear on the infraction. If the ePID number was wrong why didn`t they just change it to the correct one? They don`t seem to mind altering sellers listings for any other reason.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I have finally reached an Ebay representative who fixed the problem and reinstated my account ( they told me they even removed the dings). Regardless I had to spend hours on the phone on several different calls and speak to 7 Ebay people to have this sorted out. Ebay please get your act together on this. Again, All Verizon phones that are 4G LTE capable come Unlocked!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Glad you got this resolved, but sorry you had to go through it.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@excellentelectronics wrote:

I have finally reached an Ebay representative who fixed the problem and reinstated my account ( they told me they even removed the dings). Regardless I had to spend hours on the phone on several different calls and speak to 7 Ebay people to have this sorted out. Ebay please get your act together on this. Again, All Verizon phones that are 4G LTE capable come Unlocked!

That is excellent news! It`s a shame you had to go through this though.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@excellentelectronics I’m truly sorry you had to go through this. 

I’m going to review the implementation of this policy and make sure we make the necessary changes to avoid any unfair inconvenience for sellers.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply