cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your account has been restricted: Electronic equipment policy

My account has been restricted for selling a 10-meter radio. eBay claims this:

What activity didn't follow the policy

Please understand that you listed radio device on eBay. CB radios may not be listed on eBay if they operate in the frequency band 26.1-28MHz or Radios / transceivers described as 10/11 meters and are not compliant with The FCC General Council Directive . The FCC General council has concluded that dual-use CB and amateur radios may not be approved under the Commission's rules and are in violation of several rules, including the RF power level limits of 47 CFR 95.639. Because the sale of some electronic equipment has been deemed unlawful by the Federal Communications Commission, sellers may not list them on eBay.

That is not the case. It is a 10 meter radio, but does not work for CB bands. This item has been removed several times and I win every appeal. Now it restricts my account for 3 days with no option to appeal? This is crazy. They tell me the item is okay to relist, which I do, then get restricted on that same item. I have sold 10-meter radios for 30+ years and I know the laws. I'm afraid eBay does not. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Stop relisting. 

Site is run by 'bots' so if 1 of your 'descriptions' in the title state a 'not allowed item'- you will get it removed and each time you will get a longer suspension up until you are permanently banned from ever selling here again.

Simply not worth it. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sorry you learned the hard way. Once an item is removed it gives you a warning to not relist. It was a must that you follow their instructions and do what they say.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Each time this item was removed, I won the appeal and it was relisted.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@webtron-x    Since it is BOTs that remove items, even if you won on appeal, the BOTs will do it again for exactly the same reason.

It doesnt matter if you won on appeal. If you relist this item again there is a good chance you will get restricted again.

Once an item is pulled, do not relist it.

That is the only safe way of not quickly becoming permanently restricted.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@webtron-xThere are almost 300 Sold listings with '10 meter Radio' in the title. And 270 active listings. When you say you've won the appeal every time, did you mean a Customer service rep at ebay told you it was fine to relist? Or did you receive a message or an email that it was ok to relist? The reps will often say everything is fine (and maybe it is), but that doesn't have any impact on the bots and automated replies you can get.

You could try reaching out on Meta (Facebook) and send a private message asking them to review your issue.

Alternatively, you can check the wording on your problem listings against current and sold listings to see if there are any changes you could make so that your listings bot-friendly. Best of Luck!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Because it's made by manufacturer that has NO FCC approval number.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This item has been removed several times and I win every appeal.

You won some battles but you probably just lost the war. 

eBay wants to minimize costs, and appeals cost eBay time and money. This line in the eBay user agreement probably explain your situation: 

"we reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion"

I know the laws. I'm afraid eBay does not.

The law says you can sell the radio. It does not say eBay has to allow you to sell it on eBay

Message 8 of 8
latest reply