cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes e-bay did charged me twice ---- double charge for same 8 relist - e-bay please fix this asap

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Did-e-bay-steal-my-listings-today/m-p/30089551#M1462963

that was my post yesterday.   yes, e-bay did subtract twice for same listings - I was charged yesterday and again today for another 8 for same listings.  take a look.

please e-bay --- fix this nightmare today.   thanks - it affected too many of us ---- no sales dollars to recover this double charge.  

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes e-bay did charged me twice ---- double charge for same 8 relist - e-bay please fix this asap

I don't think you read what I wrote. I manually listed 20 item on July 31 and they were charged against my July allotment of listings. On August 1, when I woke up and logged on, I should have had 1000 new listing available in my Premium store, instead, I had 980 because the SAME listings were charged against my August allotment also. eBay said it was a technical error on their side, not a misunderstanding of the new GTC calender month policy by me. Tyler@eBay mentioned that they are still trying to figure out how to fix and compensate all those that were double charged.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Mine also this morning took double.

Yesterday 2 that were still counting down to today and then when they rolled over today, 2 more.

I am keeping track and because I pay for a store I will be calling and requesting a refund for this month 

of my store fees.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

I only have one that could double.  Thankfully.  I won't know for a couple of hours.  I'm not going to worry about it.

My guess is that eBay will take care of all of it.  One special promotion of free listings would more than cover everyone's loss.  I don't speak for them.  But I'm not worried.  I get more than my money's worth.

I hope it works out OK for all.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
And just imagine what they could do with your cash in Managed Payments. How can we sellers trust "them" if the glitches just keep on coming?!?! I lost 8 store listings because of this one. I'm SURE that none of us will see the ones we lost returned to us. I feel really sorry for y'all that have more then a basic store. Just shaking my head again.
Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Apparently our many complaints in regard to this problem are falling on deaf ears!

I have stopped listing my items and have cancelled any that are expiring with the next three days.

They have been taking away my 'free' listing allotment for items that are still listed and have not as yet expired!

WHAT THE H...LL IS GOING ON E-BAY???

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

UPDATE:  The early renewal issue is fixed on my account.  Also, the one that renewed early has now been officially renewed and I was NOT recharged for a 2nd listing.  All is well for me.  I'm sure if others are not fixed, they will be.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

CORRECTION: Apparently I was double charged (one less free listing). It is weird in that it did not happen immediately.

Oh well. If this is my only loss, no big deal at all. I'll live.
Message 7 of 41
latest reply

FYI - a fast way to tell if you have been double charged is to click on your "used" number.  If the list item number list is shorter than the "used" list, you've been double charged.

Unless I'm missing something, which is possible.

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

PLEASE FIX THIS EBAY

same with me I have been charged with insertion fee's for items that did not relist and have lost half of my free monthly listings for items that are not listed, what a joke, unacceptable 

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

It happened to me too. I manually end my listings so they don't roll over with GTC. So, on the morning on July 31  I ended some listings. I have a premium store and still had listings left to use in July, so I re-listed 20 of them in the evening on July 31 and they were properly subtracted from my monthly allotment. On August 1, the 20 listings were also subtracted from my August allotment. I called customer service and they said they knew about the problem but were not sure when it would be fixed or what would be done at this point to compensate for the double-used listings. The whole GTC thing has been a pain to babysit if you don't want your listings to automatically renew...and now this...Bring back 30 day listings please!!! They worked!

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

I just had this happen to me tonight as well.  This was my first batch of good til cancelled that rolled over.  I had 45 items relist but it used 90 of my free listings for the month.  What a crock.

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

If you  are  having an issue simply call  eBay Customer  Service.  Posting  on these boards more than  likely won't resolve your personal issue(s).

Have not  had this on my account  so - life-is-good a.jpg

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 12 of 41
latest reply

I also had an extra listing charged to me and it has not corrected itself.  I had no listings to relist on Aug 1st.  By the evening of Aug 1st, I was charged with 1 listing although there was no listing for Aug 1st.  Aug 2nd, I had 4 listings to relist. By evening, it showed 4 listings used for Aug which was correct.  This morning it showed I had used 5 listings (1 listing more than I have).  Today I will have 4 listings to relist.  I am hoping that the system will correct itself.    

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

Old renewal policy was renewal was good for "30 days" now they changed it to a "calendar month". Maybe the reason you were charged twice is because "July and August" are 2 different months.

Kinda like when you rent an apartment...if you move out on the 5th...you still have to pay for a full month.
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

It is usually useless to ask eBay to fix anything by using these member to member discussion boards.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 41
latest reply