cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUR SINGLE BEST SALE/FIND/PICK OF 2017!

What was: YOUR SINGLE BEST SALE/FIND/PICK OF 2017!

Mine was a set of mirrors that has been sitting in my garage for quite some time,   I almost forgot about them.  It was a great feeling waking up to see they had sold.    I hope 2018 brings lots more great sales. 

Happy New Years!!!!!!

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: YOUR SINGLE BEST SALE/FIND/PICK OF 2017!

An old promotional item for the Magic: The Gathering trading card game — a poker deck with the trademark card back. Almost 20 years old, still sealed. I picked it up years ago as part of a large collection and it fell through the gaps as I sold off the more obvious stuff. Became one of those little things that just clutter up the house. Then I finally decided to auction it and get what I could.

Started it at $3.99 — just enough to cover fees and domestic shipping. It sold for $45.

Message 16 of 78
latest reply

The list is to long.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 78
latest reply

My best find?  I found some socks that Costco sells for $4 and I'm dropshipping them here on Ebay for $8.  Shhh!  Don't tell anyone, they might get mad.  I'm gonna be rich!

Message 18 of 78
latest reply

@chipper01work wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:
You weren't an idiot chipper, you just left a little money on the "table" 😄 A major bulk jewelry heist was my best this year, all bought and paid for! Just feels like a heist because it was so so so so so so good and so so so so cheap! 😉

Great to hear ersatz! I don't get much jewelry but I have started to pay better attention to it (I ignored it before). In 2017 I got 1 mens 14K and one 10K ring and one ladies 10K for a grand total of $21 for the 3. 

That's how it's done...then you think about how easy the shipping is, and you're hooked! Must better than shipping lousy 5G furniture 😛 

Message 19 of 78
latest reply

@jobs-7 wrote:

My best find?  I found some socks that Costco sells for $4 and I'm dropshipping them here on Ebay for $8.  Shhh!  Don't tell anyone, they might get mad.  I'm gonna be rich!

Snicker snicker snort! 😄

Message 20 of 78
latest reply

Bought a nasty, dirty '70s-vintage motorcycle helmet back in the Spring at the local flea market for $5. Cleaned it up and listed it (different ID). Turns out Malaysians are crazy for this particular helmet (11 of 12 bidders, including the winner, were from Mayasia) and it sold for  $1200. Was doing the happy dance for some time over that one!!

Message 21 of 78
latest reply

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 22 of 78
latest reply

@chipper01work wrote:

@marilyn6122 wrote:
An Adrian Pearsall Coffee Table with original kidney shape glass top for $5.00 at a family run estate sale. One recently sold on Etsy for $1150.00 YAY me..I love it so much I am keeping it (unless I am headed for the poor house) ..It is beautiful.

Lovely find congrats, two years ago I walked away from a bunch of Adrian Pearsall and am still kicking myself for being so short sighted. 

There was

Couch

Coffee table (same kidney shaped)

2 matching end tables.

3 lamps

all in nice shape and priced at $100 for all.

all I could think was "how can I get it home" (I don't have a truck) and "how can I ship that" and walked away

friend of mine bought it later in the day and listed it here

lady down south bought it for $5500 and sent a U-ship truck to his house the following Sunday.

I was an idiot.

We've all been there.

That would have to be Jack, Mister Cinnamon and Elania, three cats that we gave forever homes to and got them out of shelters.  When mom passed almost 2 years ago, dad doted on the kitties and this summer we lost 2 of them within a month and my 87 year od father was a litte depressed and I suggested that we get another kitty at the shelter. 

We brought Jack home from the shelter and he would wrap his paws around dad's neck and lick his cheek and the next morning dad announced that we have to go and get another one.  So we brought home the other two.

They get dad up in the morning, help him prepare their food, keep him company while he watches tv and sleeps with him at night.  I firmly believe that he is a lot better with them around than if we had not gotten them.

On the merchandise front, I mentally carry a pick ax when I walk into the Salvation Army every other Saturday to mine the clearance tags.  It is a rare trip that I don't get at least one $50+ value item that I barely paid a buck for.

(*Bleep*)
Message 24 of 78
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

I was an idiot.

We've all been there.

Yep.

I left some english sterling huge candelabras because they had dents in them, they were $20, umm, the scrap had to be $500...what was I thinking that day? I know better! 

I left a Chinese teapot with a mouse on the top that was only $4...

I let another dealer talk me out of a taxidermy pheasant with the tag on its leg...

I sold a Russian sterling punch bowl far too cheaply locally years ago...

I'm sure there's many more, luckily at this moment I can't remember them which is good, less groan or pain! 

Message 25 of 78
latest reply

I picked up a pair of NWT Michael Kors corduroy pants with MSRP of $109.50 for a quarter. Absolutely nothing wrong with them.
Message 26 of 78
latest reply

Maybe not the most profitable, but most memorable from this year---

Picked up a 20 pc starter set of Pfaltzgraff dinnerware that was still in the original factory sealed box. $20. Long discontinued and very desirable. All I have left is the cups and saucers (of course). I was so stupid excited and tickled! Kept telling hubby this is one of those things I'll probably never see again.
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 27 of 78
latest reply

Nothing comes to mind.  The pickings here in Florida just aren't all that good - most everything is way over-priced for resale purposes. 

Message 28 of 78
latest reply

Walked into the Goodwill expecting to find nothing.  Two weeks before Halloween.  Browsed through the 5 or 8 mens sweaters and lo and behold, there in front of my eyes was a vintage Pendleton Dude sweater, size L.  Excellent condition.  I threw it in my cart and heaped some stuff on top of it and protected it like a slobbering rabid dog.  As it so happened, it was 50% off everything day so I got it for 2 dollars and some change.   Got home, listed it and some lovely person from California bought it that evening for $175 bucks or so (in that area).  But these type of scenarios are few and far between anymore.

Message 29 of 78
latest reply

The pickings here in the North East are about the same and way overpriced 😞  In a way, I am kind of glad 'cause I have too much stuff now.  But if I still had my truck, I might have hit a few estate sales.  I 

One other thing that I won from a local auction here (at a really good price) was a set of vintage doll high chairs that I was going to use for my cat to look out of her fav window - she is too long, but I see that they can do well if listed so I may list them on Etsy or FB after I find boxes to ship them in.  I just don't think that she is a "normal" cat, I think she is a mini mountain lion 🙂

Message 30 of 78
latest reply