cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my invoice different from the buyer's?

I hope someone can help with this perplexing problem. Ebay sent me a copy of the buyer's invoice on 3-25.21. It shows the total due as $246.54 which is correct. The buyer contacted me last night that the invoice she received was for $270.54 and showed no shipping discount. It was for all the individual shipping prices added together. She is super honest, paid the full amount, but asked what we could do about it. I had her double check with her credit card/PP to be absolutely positive that ebay charged her that much. They did. $270.54. That is NOT the invoice I sent, so I sent her a $24 refund. What is going on and how should I report it? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why is my invoice different from the buyer's?

Perhaps that is the amount with sales tax charged?  Your buyer pays that.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There would be sales tax added on by eBay. (Was this a domestic sale? International buyers may have additional costs as well.)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I asked her about that. Her breakdown included total of items, sales tax, and all individual shipping charges. The copy ebay sent me included total of items, sales tax, and $10 shipping. Both invoices came from ebay but only mine is correct. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, a domestic sale. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply