cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is ebay sending me threatening emails about below standard

I an.below standards since they changed the stupid standard. I don't have any cases pending nor have I had one for months. What gives eBay? Why give me option s like no returns if I can't use them. Pretty soon I think I'm just going to have to liquid ate my inventor y outside of eBay like at a yard sale guess who's gonna lose fees eBay? You.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Well, I can't say for sure but it appears that you've accrued quite a few negs and neutrals.

I agree with you, though, that sometimes it's VERY difficult to meet all of eBay's standards--especially the new ones.

Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I am not an eBay cheerleader, however, I do not think that eBay will make idle threats w/o a cause.  There must be an issue in order for them to send the emails.  Hope things work out for you.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

You need to review your sellers dashboard if I remember correctly starting Jun. 1st your FVFs will move from 10% to 14% due to being below standard.....

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Since you have a store your FVFs will go from 9.15% to 14% and from feedbacks I can date I would guess that will remain until Nov. or Dec.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@pauliesthriftshop2016 wrote:

I an.below standards since they changed the stupid standard. I don't have any cases pending nor have I had one for months. What gives eBay? Why give me option s like no returns if I can't use them. Pretty soon I think I'm just going to have to liquid ate my inventor y outside of eBay like at a yard sale guess who's gonna lose fees eBay? You.

You liquid ate your inventor?

Good topic for a movie. 😀

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@cfsayner wrote:

Well, I can't say for sure but it appears that you've accrued quite a few negs and neutrals.

I agree with you, though, that sometimes it's VERY difficult to meet all of eBay's standards--especially the new ones.

Good luck to you.

Feedback does not play a role in seller standards any longer.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Let's just call this what it is. EBay breaking their agreement. They are trying to cheat basic store owners out of the agreement that if you buy a store your fees will be 10% it never said anything about increases for below standard. 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

It did, in the spring update.
Below standard will be 14%

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

So let me get this straight you think its fair eBay can raise rates on us at a whim to make more profit by saying they updated but we sellers must adhere to these ever changing standards rigidly? What if next month they raise non store owner fees to 25% would that be fair?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@pauliesthriftshop2016 wrote:

So let me get this straight you think its fair eBay can raise rates on us at a whim to make more profit by saying they updated but we sellers must adhere to these ever changing standards rigidly? What if next month they raise non store owner fees to 25% would that be fair?

They have 2 updates a year: Spring and Fall, like a lot of companies do. They don't change it a day later. Everyone has options, just be sure the best option is right for you. (My signature line)

No one likes prices to rise. As they are growing, so is competition, so ...,

You can always pay the consignment store local for 40 or 50%

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

It looks like many of your lotions, shampoos, colognes etc have been used ? You have no description at all and just say look at pictures. It had me baffled so I compared a couple of your listings to new listings of the same and yours look shy of being full. If it is true you need to mention it in your descriptions.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Feedback does not play a role in seller standards any longer.

This is absolutely true, but repeated poor feedback, especially with a pattern to it (shipping damage, underfilled bottles, etc) would indicate that other, more sophisticated, buyers opened and possibly won Disputes for the same problems.

Which can lead to Defects and loss of TRS and other premiums.

EBay allows sellers to say No Returns. It does not allow No Refunds.

If there is a Dispute and the seller refuses to refund*, eBay will refund the unhappy buyer, go after the seller for their money , and the seller gets a Defect for poor customer service.

*The seller is entitled to demand a Return of the disputed product. Sometimes the seller is required to send a Return Shipping Label. If the Buyer does not use the label, and there is no return, the Seller is not required to refund.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Your dashboard will explain why ebay is warning you about your status.  Does it show defects or any unresolved by seller cases?

Your statement above about why allow for no returns if you can't use it makes me guess you fought a return for not as described.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

we sellers must adhere to these ever changing standards rigidly? What if next month they raise non store owner fees to 25% would that be fair?

You better get over the idea of "fair", as defined by YOU.  Ebay has the perfect right to change anything they want on the site and you agreed to that when you signed the user agreement (and you had to sign to sell here)......... Your RIGHT is to leave if you don't agree or wish to comply........and if you don't comply they will suspend or kick you off the site. 

That "threatening email" is a warning that you are NOT in compliance......and that you'd better do something or suffer sanctions.  Since you either failed to check and/or don't understand what you CAN read.........you better be grateful they sent you the warning so you can improve, if you want to continue to sell here.

I strongly suggest you call ebay and humbly ask for help understanding what's going on and for suggestions to help you improve.  That will reflect well on you.........and hopefully answer the questions you have. 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply