cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Shipping fees not included in Fee percentage?

When i looked at my invoice for the month i noticed that my shipping fees were not included in the fee percentage of sales. I think this is completely misleading on how much ebay is taking from the sales of product. When i calculated shipping fees into my sales, my percentage went from 12% to 20%. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lucky your mines 32%

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@vazqu_zoraiwrote:

When i looked at my invoice for the month i noticed that my shipping fees were not included in the fee percentage of sales. I think this is completely misleading on how much ebay is taking from the sales of product. When i calculated shipping fees into my sales, my percentage went from 12% to 20%. 

They don't do it until the buyer pays. They take the same percentage as they take from the sale. Overall, it's the same percentage. Can you explain your math and how you got 20%?

10.00 sale x 10% = 1.00

5.00 ship x 10% = 0.50

1.50 total out of 15.00 overall sale = 10%

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@kiaswrote:

lucky your mines 32%

@kiasNo yours is not 32%. You are paying a maximum of 13% in fees between ebay and total.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@vazqu_zoraiwrote:

Your % didn't go up. You are still paying a 10% final value fee. Your % is based on the TOTAL AMOUNT OF THE SALE. Nothing else.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@ripcityresellwrote:

@vazqu_zoraiwrote:

They don't do it until the buyer pays. They take the same percentage as they take from the sale. Overall, it's the same percentage. Can you explain your math and how you got 20%?

10.00 sale x 10% = 1.00

5.00 ship x 10% = 0.50

The $5.00 went to USPS for shipping.  Seller's sale was $10.00

$1.50 fees divided by $10.00 sale = 15%.

Don't let yourself start calculating fees as a percentage of gross profit vs. net profit, it gets really ugly then...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Paypal fees are not included in eBay fees, nor are they included on eBay invoices.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@ted_200wrote:

@ripcityresellwrote:

@vazqu_zoraiwrote:

10.00 sale x 10% = 1.00

5.00 ship x 10% = 0.50

The $5.00 went to USPS for shipping.  Seller's sale was $10.00

$1.50 fees divided by $10.00 sale = 15%.

Don't let yourself start calculating fees as a percentage of gross profit vs. net profit, it gets really ugly then...

If I charge a buyer $5 for shipping, it’s because I only pay $4 for postage.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@kiaswrote:

lucky your mines 32%

Then you’re really doing it wrong.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

nope lost my TRP

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

handling charge
Message 11 of 11
latest reply