cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers check you account for false late shipments on orders 11/23 a day before Thanksgiving holiday

Just noticed a bunch of false late shipment defects for sales on  11/23 due to ebay forgetting that Thanksgiving is a holiday. Sellers please check your dashboard.

Ebay has a problem with knowing what dates are holidays and does not address the issue adequately.

How can other online sites similar to ebay get this right and ebay repeatedly gets it wrong

To continue to have the same problem year after year with simply knowing what is a holiday or how to progam your site to know what is a holiday is poor customer service and gives the perception of ebay as being less than a top rated site.

Oh, Ebay Monday 2/19 is a holiday, Washington's Birthday, so for sales with 1 business day handing from Friday 2/16 to Moday 2/19  items purchased during that time do not have to ship until Tuesday.

Hopefully, ebay gets this holiday right.

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sellers check you account for false late shipments on orders 11/23 a day before Thanksgiving holiday

We did receive a couple "Late shipment" that were purchased late Wed before Thanksgiving that went out on Friday. Contacted C/S and nothing was done. 

We have contacted C/S four times now about different "Late shipment" strikes/defects (whatever you wanna call them) on items that either was shipped over a holiday, affected by the hurricanes in the SE or items that were listed as USPS First Class shipping that arrived in four buinsess days.  Each time C/S said they could not remove the strikes/defects yet we ship all of our USPS shipments in less then 24 hours from payment and do it Mon-Saturday. 

It is just another way to elimate some TRS in order to help their bottom line. The May 2017 rate increase didn't help so they are going another route.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Same here due to 3 days of ice in Houston in Jan...
Won't waste time calling....not worth a now $12 discount and dropping next month.
Stupidity costs ebay everyday...and it ain't getting better.
They have ZERO QC until proven otherwise.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@k-manspartswrote:

We did receive a couple "Late shipment" that were purchased late Wed before Thanksgiving that went out on Friday. Contacted C/S and nothing was done. 

We have contacted C/S four times now about different "Late shipment" strikes/defects (whatever you wanna call them) on items that either was shipped over a holiday, affected by the hurricanes in the SE or items that were listed as USPS First Class shipping that arrived in four buinsess days.  Each time C/S said they could not remove the strikes/defects yet we ship all of our USPS shipments in less then 24 hours from payment and do it Mon-Saturday. 

It is just another way to elimate some TRS in order to help their bottom line. The May 2017 rate increase didn't help so they are going another route.

@k-mansparts @mallontown

Don't know if this would work or not~just a thought~as a possible work around~but would increasing your handling time in advance of a holiday work?  I thought you could have up to three days handling time and still retain TRS.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

@k-manspartswrote:

@k-mansparts @mallontown

Don't know if this would work or not~just a thought~as a possible work around~but would increasing your handling time in advance of a holiday work?  I thought you could have up to three days handling time and still retain TRS.

No you have to offer same or 1 day to get the discount. But i would not change it due to an ebay glitch.  I'll call ebay to get them removed

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mallontownwrote:

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

@k-manspartswrote:

@k-mansparts @mallontown

No you have to offer same or 1 day to get the discount. But i would not change it due to an ebay glitch.  I'll call ebay to get them removed

Ok, thank you, I understand.  Just thought maybe there would be a work around for this~trying to help you avoid the problem and having to call CS, you know.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I don't mean this to be rude but why should I lie to the buyers?  We do ship "Next day" (most purchases made before 2pm-3pm go out that day).  This is eBay's issue/problem.  USPS plainly states shipping time for First Class is 3-5 business days "To most locations" and anyone that has used the service a lot knows this is basically true.  Some are a bit quicker and some are a bit slower. eBay post First Class as 2-3 business days and when packages are delivered four business days from shipment (when shipped the first business day available), they claimed it to be late.  Not the shipping company, not the seller and not the buyer but eBay claims that. They are the one entity in this that it doesn't directly affect.  Then things like weather delays and holidays thrown in the mix.  And the one day when your local PO decides not to scan packages at pickup, they get sorted and on their way without a scan for a couple days (it happens).  All these things sellers are held responsible for, I mean penalized for, by a marketplace operator that can not still after all these years get their own search engine in order.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I called and was able to get them all removed.with today being a holiday I hope I don't have to call in again

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 8 of 8
latest reply