cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't you just FIX the sight?

Ebay is changing categories and adding this and adding that and moving this here and that there. Hey Ebay you will NEVER be Amazon. Why don't you just be Ebay? Forget about all and I do mean all the changes and just fix your site.  I really don't think that there is any area on Ebay that doesn't have some sort of a glitch. On my home page it says I have 6 unread messages. They are all over 90 day old and I can't remove them. I have customers telling me that it says I don't ship to their area. Now before you tell me that's an old glitch and there is a "work around" let me say this. I know that and I don't want a work around I want it fixed. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to go to a page and I get this stupid message "It's not you It's US".  Hey Ebay I know it's you and I with you would fix it and forget about all the changes. Maybe you're beholding to some foreign country and that's why this is happening. If that's the case you have got to be the most inept business people on the face of the earth. Now I know you would love nothing more than to get rid of all of us that sell vintage items and collectibles but you know something that is what built Ebay. Instead of trying to get rid of us why don't you embrace it? Enough said just fix the blasted site. 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Why don't you just FIX the sight?

Amen!!  Too bad you are preaching to the choir. 

eBay will never see or read this and I dont think they honestly care...

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@debvor 

Would assume - if they wanted some things to work differently, they would.  Am guessing the end-goal is right on track for what e-bay needs, not what we might think we need as Sellers (or even Buyers).

Have wondered for so long if the seismic shift to larger sellers, Chinese Sellers, etc is not really what drives the majority of the decisions and sometimes subtle doesn't work to nudge the smaller seller to a different reality or platform.  Mostly think this as there is not some resounding message to us as long-term Sellers to "hang tight", we're here to make this work for you.  Crickets.

Just be transparent.  That way Sellers can make business decisions as to how best to proceed.  Won't happen, but it should.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Now I know you would love nothing more than to get rid of all of us that sell vintage items and collectibles but you know something that is what built Ebay. Instead of trying to get rid of us why don't you embrace it? Enough said just fix the blasted site. 

And that's exactly what they are trying to do....no more used, pre-owned, vintage, collectibles or artisan...it will be a thing of the past.  The Ebay CEO and Utsy CEO are in this together, as that's where ebays CEO believes these categories belong.  His focus is to be the next amazon and Walmart and use all the China sellers as their path to success.  My venue is also in these categories so it's just a matter of time. Re doing the items specifics is futile.  It's a total joke.  We are not for long...enough said. 

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

I  totally agree. I was a business man for 40 years and sat on boards that did $60 milliion  deals and I have never seen an organization as uncaring about customers and as ignorant as ebay. 

IT people justify their fobs by constantly changing websites. 

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Check ebays stock today....v

v

v

v

v

Boom!

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Agree, well put. What I do not understand is folks not returning to shows. The are on fire. Buyers starving for contact and quality items. If there is a dramatic decline in revenue to eBay nothing will change.

I stopped selling about this time last year. Their path is clear to me. I want to be clear. I want to participate within the eBay system but choose to wait for a dramatic decline or some kind or spinoff of their vintage interest.

I know its most likely a pipe dream but that's my terms for returning. If members who sell vintage items are not willing to make dramatic changes abruptly in numbers, I am afraid we'll just keep venting and leave one at a time giving eBay the leverage and time to adjust to their losses.

Why do members think they have these absurd selling metrics? I argue in part to place leverage on me/seller to keep selling to keep selling status such as increase final valuation fee. No problem as I see it. Then posters chime in, doesn't matter if you are a long term seller, they'll lower your ability to sell. All ways to pressure us to sell despite being dissatisfied. 

Well, I took control of my business and life.

There are a multitude of places to sell vintage items. I ask you, were antiques selling before ebay? Of course. There were waiting list to become dealers at shows. Young people are not collecting? Hogwash! I plead with sellers to cut the cord, just a month get out there in the world, visit shows, network with real human beings. Detach  from the freaking sound bites and hype. Stop tuning into how to folks who produce nothing.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I'll thrive with or without eBay that's for sure.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

One year ago eBay's stock was $55.

Today it is $74.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Things change....

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

and you do understand why correct? What is one major item that eBay changed that would allow them to temporarily drive profits up? The thing is, it is a one time shot and does not keep happening year after year.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

They probably don't pay for top quality programmers and IT types.  The business model that eBay has is this:  minimum input plus exorbitant fees = maximum return

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Don't ascribe to conspiracy theories what is just plain sloppy implementation.

ETA:  eBay is trying for a 'dynamic' search and honestly, I'm not sure its within their abilities to do so.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

👀sight

ebay.com site

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

The fact that I've left countless messages like the OP's over the years lets me know, what they say about eaby never reading these boards, it's very true (and if they do, still nothing ever changes).

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Notice that ALWAYS... EVERY SINGLE TIME... These "glitches" put your money into eBay's possession. Have you ever seen a glitch that caused money to fall into your favor? Now that they've gone to managed payments, they can just dip into your bank account whenever THEY say it's necessary. And I'm guessing that in a day or two, we'll be seeing threads about just that. "eBay hit my bank account for over $4000 in bogus Gallery Plus fees". This company has become the most unscrupulous company on the face of the planet, which is why I refused to give them access to ANY account of mine.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply