cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my sold item NOT show up on my "sold items"?

Sold this yesterday, and according to ebay, it seems to no longer (or just barely) exist. 

Under sold items, completed items, or by the item number, there is absolutely nothing.  It does show up (fortunately!) under my little 'bell' icon for notices ("PAID -- SHIP NOW").   And also under my ''My eBay'' selling history, or only if the entire URL is pasted into my browser window, but it has disappeared from any normal search for it using either 'sold items' or 'completed items.'

And that's a new one, for me!  As far as I've ever seen, all my prior sold items had always shown up immediately when the "Sold Items" box was checked.

This is the item with URL as it appears in the browser window (NOT in the ebay search bar)  :  https://www.ebay.com/itm/272157587631?ViewItem=&item=272157587631

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why does my sold item NOT show up on my "sold items"?

It looks like your listings have the out of stock option enabled so it won’t show as completed or sold on the search pages unless you manually end the listing. If you can see it as an active listing in sellers hub with a 0 quantity then that’s what is happening.   I don’t know why it works like that but it does. 

If you don’t want the option for your listings you can turn it off in site preferences.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, thank you!  That was a WHOLE lot faster --and more pleasant-- than phoning ebay.

I just hope it WORKS!  It probably it just takes a while.  I ended it manually about 10 minutes ago, as soon as I read your reply -- but so far, no change.  I'll wait patiently!  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pacebicyclehaven 

You won't see a "change" until you sell something with the Out of Stock option off, if you have now done that then on the next thing you sell that listing will end.

The listing that you ended will appear in the Ended list, it will never show up in sold.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If it's for the Campagnolo Seatpost it's because it's a multiple quantity listing.  It can take days for it to appear if it will at all.  Sometimes my multiples don't show until all the units have sold.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Only 2 items are currently showing up in my 'sold items' and both are multi-quantity listings (which also happen to be current, live listings.)

It seems odd to me that my just-ended listing (it's a complete,  1964 track-racing bicycle) would (as stated in the 2nd post above this one) "never show up in sold" since, after all ... it is sold.  Since the bike is rare and rather expensive, and since it had over 50,000 views and 200 watchers, it seems like it might be in eBay's best interest (not to mention my own) to allow it to continue to be seen in the 'completed' search results; it would likely attract more potential sellers -- maybe even buyers, too.

Thanks everyone, for your helpful replies.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply