cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improper Listing as "Used"

I have noticed a trend on Ebay with many electronics items being listed as "Used" that the seller knows is not working. In their descriptions, they state "I am selling this AS IS, for parts only, not working", yet there is a specific listing category for this and they are listing as "Used". Used items are supposed to function, but make have missing manuals, scratches and other minor issues, but for the most part are functional items. This is very misleading and frankly a waste of my time when I am not looking to buy a broken item. Most of these folks are also charging way more than they should for non-working items. If I'm not sure an item works, I list it as "Not Working or For Parts" and then explain in the conditions that it very well MIGHT work and the price is reasonable.

Ebay should pay more attention to these listings. I try to be very upfront about my items. If I put "Used" on an item, I am sometimes flagged because the item has the work "New" as part of it's model from the manufacturer, so I have to remove the model number. For instance, try selling a used pair of Advent The New Larger Loudspeaker. There was a model previously with the model The Larger Loudspeaker, so you must show a distinction.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0