cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay bend over backwards to support buyers but won't defend its sellers with equal vigor?

I have been selling on eBay for over 15 years and i am continuely disappointed in how easily it is for buyers to scam reliable sellers.  Not only can they scam buyers, eBay helps them do it.

Any buyer can claim it didn't receive an item and sellers have to refund a buyer with no proof.  The seller has to pay for a pre-paid return label even before we know if the buyer who is in error.

When i want to contact someone at eBay about the situation, it is virtually impossible.  Why in the world are we paying all these fees when eBay can't give us the curtesy of being able to contact them directly?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Why does eBay bend over backwards to support buyers but won't defend its sellers with equal vigo

I just got off the phone with them about a buyer doing the exact same type of behavior even having people report my items as fake when clearly not just to effect the seller performance and restrict my account. EBay allows the seller to take advantage in my opinion 95% of the time. You have to really fight to be heard and talk to at least five different people. Absolutely insane the guy on the phone told me that he couldn't give me any information about why or who reported it and just dead silence I said so I guess you're done talking and are not able to help me he said yeah that's what I'm saying I ask why the message told me to call and fix it and could I speak w a supervisor was told there wasn't one and hr disconnected me. Unsure what to do or who I call now any advice ?
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Re: Why does eBay bend over backwards to support buyers but won't defend its sellers with equal vigo

-EBAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT HAS BLOCKED MY ABILITY, AND POSSIBLY MANY OTHERS, TO CALL THEM FOR ASSISTANCE
-CHECK OUT MY ATTACHED MONITOR SCREEN PHOTO BELOW PROVING THIS.
"Not Enabled, Closed 24x7"
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I'm sorry, but that monitor screen shot does not show you have been "blocked" from calling them.  I clearly see a phone number with an access code.  How are you being blocked?

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

YES, I totally agree.  as a seller since 2000,  I  again just lost 65.00 this week from buyers who did't pay me and I feel EBAY gives absolutely no support to us sellers.  I depend on that income and I can't even leave negative feedback for a legimate issue.  Ebay does very little if anything to support its sellers as they make is possible for Ebay to stay in business.  I am tired of the management pandering to buyers who get away with a slap on the wrist and we as sellers are holding the bag.  I don't know if you experinced it but lately I have these buyers - Newbies- with feedback under 10 and bid and don't pay.  I want to block those bidders but I can't.  So I am forced now to list as buy it now because it may be the best way one can get their money.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@jennklaas wrote:

I have been selling on eBay for over 15 years and i am continuely disappointed in how easily it is for buyers to scam reliable sellers.  Not only can they scam buyers, eBay helps them do it.

Any buyer can claim it didn't receive an item and sellers have to refund a buyer with no proof.  The seller has to pay for a pre-paid return label even before we know if the buyer who is in error.

If you ship with tracking, and it shows delivery, you are covered and won't have to refund.

When i want to contact someone at eBay about the situation, it is virtually impossible.  Why in the world are we paying all these fees when eBay can't give us the curtesy of being able to contact them directly?

You can call ebay Customer Service.  We are not allowed to list it here, but you can follow the contact us pages on ebay, or google the number.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

You can use Fixed Price listing with immediate payment required.

The listing will stay up if they can't pay and hopefully a serious buyer with available funds will see and buy it.

Good luck to you!

Message 21 of 21
latest reply