cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does E-Bay continue to allow an unfair and dishonest VeRO process?

I was just hit today with a VeRO claim from a company that is not listed on E-Bay's publicly available VeRO list.  Then E-Bay hit me with a 3 day restriction on my account.  The VeRO claim was that my item was counterfeit.

In reality, the item was authentic and not counterfeit.  The VeRo filer rescinded their claim.  It took an entire day and a dozen emails and hours on the phone to straighten the whole mess out.  Then E-Bay has the gall to say that it will take another 24-48 hours for them to remove the VeRO strike on my account!

Well guess what, 1 day to resolve the issue with the company, plus 2 days for E-Bay to remove the strike is 3 DAYS!  The full 3-day restriction punishment will still apply, with no recourse or compensation to me for it having occurred falsely!  I'm going to lose revenue for 3 days through no fault of my own! 

E-Bay has no grace period to allow a seller to address this issuer with the VeRO filer.  They just screw over their sellers immediately and irreversibly!

But it gets even better!  A rep for the company admitted that they have people in India searching E-Bay for counterfeit items.  They provide a list to corporate, and then corporate just takes down whatever listings India provides, without confirming each of them. 

In my case, the item was a product that has been discontinued since 2018.  The workers in India only know the current product offerings.   SINCE MY ITEM WAS NOT A CURRENT OFFERING, THE INDIA WORKERS ASSUME IT IS COUNTERFEIT, SO IT GETS FILED FOR A VeRO!

This is total **bleep** and a total abuse of E-Bay sellers, that E-Bay allows to happen by using a flawed VeRO system.

No account restrictions should occur until after a grace period for a seller to either resolve the dispute, or file a counterclaim.  It's one thing to take down the one listing incorrectly over a VeRO claim. 

It is entirely another thing to issue an account restriction that affects a seller's revenue stream irreversibly, because of a falso VeRO filing!

E-Bay needs to implement a new process immediately to stop the VeRO abuses that sellers constantly struggle with! 

No matter how many VeRO strikes on an account, when VeRO is filed:

1. the item is temporarily removed. 
  2. A grace period of 3-5 days is given for a seller to address this with the VeRO filer, or by counterclaim. 
  3.   After the grace period passes, if the seller hasn't resolved the issue, then E-Bay can issue whatever restriction is required based on account history.

At least this has some chance to be fair to the seller, unlike E-Bay's current police that is 100% UNFAIR!

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Why does E-Bay continue to allow an unfair and dishonest VeRO process?

They should also state apecifically to sellers told there is a VERO claim against them EXACTLY what the infraction is. I have no idea what I did wrong, and to me that's horses***! During the pandemic, you can't get ebay help. Next to impossible. So, screw the sellers, right? Really starting to wonder if manufacturers just don't want ebay sellers selling the items for less than what they would cost at retail. God forbid we make a living AND try to help people out as well. Morons.

Message 61 of 63
latest reply

@affordablecoolstuff4u 

This is a very old thread. The original poster is long gone.

You should start your own thread so that people do not get the original poster's issue and yours confused.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 62 of 63
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 63 of 63
latest reply