cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do some of my items get dropped from inventory?

I have been noticing that some of my items in my Ebay store seem to drop out of my inventory by Ebay. Why does this happen? I have been going through my listing and have found many of my items are no longer there. Any ideas why this is happening? 

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why do some of my items get dropped from inventory?

The most common way to lose inventory is by not relisting items within 90 days after they close.  If you downsized your store in the pat 18 months this is unavoidable without spending extra money to keep all your listings active under the 90 day rule.  It happened to me and cost me an extra $80 a couple moths ago.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The most common way to lose inventory is by not relisting items within 90 days after they close.  If you downsized your store in the pat 18 months this is unavoidable without spending extra money to keep all your listings active under the 90 day rule.  It happened to me and cost me an extra $80 a couple moths ago.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Your listings might disappear if they are old. Ebay informed sellers that older listings with few or no sales, what they consider stale listings, might be removed. See link to the policy page below that outlines this and other reasons for removal.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/removed-listings?id=4656

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks so much, I think that helped me with my issue.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I must say it sure would be nice if someone could fix simple spelling errors after our time to edit runs out.  I need to slow way down and look over what I type.  My previous post should say "If you downsized your store in the PAST 18 months this is unavoidable without spending extra money to keep all your listings active.  It happened to me and cost me an extra $80 a couple MONTHS ago.  Jeez, I need to spend less time typing and start selling something!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks, that's sounds like what is happening.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Lol, I hear ya! I haven't made any changes to my store for a few years now, but I do appreciate the info.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Today said my item was delivered but it wasn't delivered at the same house

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

This is a old problem, I occasionally inventory a tote full of listed items and there are almost always 1 or 2 that somehow are no longer listed, many are ooak. 

As far as I know there is no ebay policy to remove stale listings, I have had items listed for over 10 years before they sold.

Anytime ebay ends a listing it is for a policy violation and they sens a message explaining it.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply