cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't ebay make it easy to enroll in the EIS program?

I spent 30 minutes yesterday trying to join.  I read a few more posts here today. I spend 10-15 minutes looking in the seller hub, nothing. I then go to site map and find shipping preferences.   No easy 1 click button to join EIS.  I go back to reading posts about EIS. I see in a post that you have to manually remove the countries that you do not ship to. I go back to to shipping preferences and remove 95 blocked countries.    I then wait 5 minutes to see if a link pops up asking me to join and nothing.

If ebay wants to expand sales, why don't they have a simple link to join the program?  The only thing that I have not tried is signing into my account and then signing in again.  Maybe I will do that right now.

The account I know is eligible for the program.  I'm a top rated seller here since 1998.  

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I thought enrolling is automatic?

You don't have to do a thing. 

You can't get much easier than that.

I thought that only if you want to opt out, you need to do something?

Of course I could be wrong.

I was enrolled in GSP and when EIS rolled out my listings all switched over to EIS.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez*   do u have ebay int'l standard delivery already on your listings?  if so, they will be transitioned to EIS no later than July 1, '23

did u get the ebay email letting u know the process?

info here> https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=0&mkcid...

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Seems that I have read that the "invites/swap overs" are being "rolled out" in waves.  

I have read posts about "opt out", but not to "opt in".

It would seem to make sense to allow sellers to "opt in", but eBay always has a method to their madness, and we are not privy to such methods.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

If you remove the international shipping method and have no international method listed, EIS will be the default. If you have EISD selected, it will be changed to EIS by July 1. 

E-I-E-I-O

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

why don't they have a simple link to join the program

I imagine because they are trying to be sure the shipping centers can handle the # of packages they get......

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

You have nothing listed on this account so it's difficult to see if any of your listings have been changed. It's not a matter of you opting into the program it's a matter of you being setup so when eBay and/or EIS moves you into the program your listings can be modified. From the EIS help file.

If you're eligible, you'll be opted into the program. eBay International Shipping will become your default shipping option and we'll automatically add eBay International Shipping to your current listings. You may need to manually update some listings to offer eBay International Shipping.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* 

Yes, it would be nice if it was part of the eBay Shipping Policies instead of "Hard Coded" in. That way you could easily set policies for items you want to include for eBay international shipping. It was easy for eBay to add eBay international shipping to all my items, just not easy for me to select items I don't want to include for eBay international shipping.

eBay, why can't eBay international shipping be part of an eBay shipping policy like every other shipping method (yes - I know eBay will not answer)?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I qualify.  10,221 feedbacks, top rated and have been here since 1998.  I just saw some video that ebay posted on one of their pages. I  just removed all of the countries that I had blocked.  It was 95 countries.  There is NO button or link anywhere to click. I even signed out and signed in.    It would make too much sense for ebay to add an OPT IN  button.   Sometimes, I wonder why can't they hire a few established sellers to help them set things up.  I figured let me give it a try since I have a potential buyer in France that wants to buy something.  

Now tonight I will have a restless night if someone from outside of the USA bids and win.  Thanks to everyone that posted.  It's probably done in stages.  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You can request to be opt'd in, but to actually get enrolled, you will have to wait for Ebay to auto enroll you.

Just be patient.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I qualify.  10,221 feedbacks, top rated and have been here since 1998.  I just saw some video that ebay posted on one of their pages. I  just removed all of the countries that I had blocked.  It was 95 countries.  There is NO button or link anywhere to click. I even signed out and signed in.    It would make too much sense for ebay to add an OPT IN  button.   Sometimes, I wonder why can't they hire a few established sellers to help them set things up.  I figured let me give it a try since I have a potential buyer in France that wants to buy something.  

Now tonight I will have a restless night if someone from outside of the USA bids and win.  Thanks to everyone that posted.  It's probably done in stages.  

I am going to assume this is your posting ID. Unblocking was a good first step and you can probably sleep sound. If your listings were never setup for international shipping when you posted them unblocking the countries should not automatically open them up for international shipment. However, since I cannot see any of your listings there is no way to check that but you could contact the potential buyer in France and see what they see in the listing with regards to shipping now that you have unblocked the countries. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

It would make NO SENSE for eBay to allow 5 or 6 million sellers to all opt in to a new program at one time! Can you imagine the problems that would cause?

They followed the same path with Managed Payments which took 4 years to fully integrate all sellers. Personally I call that the smart way.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez*  You have to wait to be invited, that's why.  They are enrolling in waves.  It's not about "qualifying", there is no such thing.  When you are invited, you'll get an email & will be automatically enrolled.  Nothing to it.  I was invited about 3 months ago & I didn't have to do anything.   Everyone will eventually be invited, by July IIRC, but you can't "join".  

You can request to be enrolled by contacting the international shipping email at Ebay, which I don't recall the exact addy but I think it's just "internationalshipping@ebay", but I've heard that they haven't been responding very quickly.   There's nothing else you can "do" to get in but ask them to enroll you & wait.   The way it's being rolled out, you can't join until they want you to join.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Yes, this is my posting ID mainly.  I unchecked all of the blocked countries. As I relist or edit an ad, I am seeing the International shipping under shipping. It actually tells foreign bidders that FREE returns are allowed under this program and Ebay will take care of them if there is a problem.   So I am in the program.

Those that want to enter MUST uncheck all boxes that they don't want to ship too.  In my case, I had 92 countries. blocked.   Thank you to those that posted.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply