cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I end my listing?

Greetings all,

Due to the lack of bids (0) and the fact that I've changed my mind, I want to just end a listing, but eBay will not allow it. Why?

There are still more than 48h left and as I stated, no bids on the item. 

Sorry for my ignorance, I mean, it's been years since I used eBay so did something change where eBay will not allow me to end an auction?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why can't I end my listing?

@yllenne 

You can trying ending the listing with the help page interface at this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/ip?topicId=4146

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Update: I just removed most of the photos and the description from the auction. I doubt anyone will bid now. But I still want to know why I can't cancel the auction. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I see 45 hours left right now on your listing if that makes a difference.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks snowk1ng, 

It's the other auction item. Remaining time is: 2d 3h 34m.
But, if there are no bids, one should have the right to end a listing anytime. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

There are a lot of flakey things going on with the eBay site that I have noticed.  It started a couple of days ago.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@yllenne 

You can trying ending the listing with the help page interface at this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/ip?topicId=4146

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@yllenne wrote:

Thanks snowk1ng, 

It's the other auction item. Remaining time is: 2d 3h 34m.

For whatever reason I don't see any other items, just the one auction.  Maybe you were successful in cancelling it.  

Unless it doesn't show to me because I'm not in Canada.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

That link is perfect! Thank you so much crazystuff4sale.

But it was a weird experience. First, I attempted to end the auction by selecting "the item is no longer available" but it still refused to end. Next try, I selected, "the item is broken"... that option worked.  

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I only see one listing so I assume that you were able to cancel the one you wanted to? 

It's possible that the problem that you were having ending it was that you were trying to end it on the US site which is where you are now rather than on .ca.

On the geiger counter listing, are you aware that you don't have a shipping option to the US set up?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I think you just happened to look again after I used the link provided by crazystuff4sale. 

Thanks so much for your help. 🙂 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@yllenne wrote:

Yes, I think you just happened to look again after I used the link provided by crazystuff4sale. 

Thanks so much for your help. 🙂 

You are welcome.  But I will say that at the time of my first reply (6 minutes after your first post) I only ever saw the rad monitor, not whatever you were trying to cancel.  

So maybe it was just eBay being flaky and it had already been taken down.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

YEP!  Can't REVISE or END LISTING(s), probably listing new items is non functional as well?  The same thing happened on Memorial Day weekend of this year, I think. Started late afternoon Friday, and took till Sunday to work again during that stretch. Ebay is a broken platform. Never have I experienced the mess, glitches and other bleeeep that GREEDbay has become.  😠

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

UPDATE: As of 6:23 Pacific Time. ENDING, REVISING listings WORKS again.  FYI, just from past history and knowing the broken platform that is eBay, the function of ENDING, REVISING or listing new items could be NON functional again anytime during this Labor Day weekend. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply