cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else has DEAD sales??????????

Hello,

i have not had any sales for almost two weeks...Who else has Dead sales...And who are the lucky ones to have good sales?

Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Who else has DEAD sales??????????

I confirmed with much larger sellers here and they have seen the same slow down in my current category at least (clothes).

Message 106 of 119
latest reply

My sales mysteriously picked up yesterday too! Funny how sales were slow to dead for most of the month and then boom, good sales on the very last day.

Message 107 of 119
latest reply

I know! I have had people buy things and return their Used, broken parts and ebay always takes the buyer's side, no matter what, even though I have a picture of "my" unbroken or unused item. An ebay representative practically told me that a buyer can send back a rock, as long as it is the same weight as the original item sent. It is so frustrating to send items to buyers and pay them to do it. I am losing money right and left.
Message 108 of 119
latest reply

Just had to say: I LOVE your user ID!!!
Message 109 of 119
latest reply

I have sold items in my 12 years for several thousand dollars. Now buyers expect items practically free. I expect eBay to provide a fair marketplace with quality buyers.

Message 110 of 119
latest reply

I understand that as I have been selling for 14 years--high end items. I just sold the shoes on another site for $650--I could not get a decent offer on eBay. It's not the item but the buyers on eBay 

Message 111 of 119
latest reply

Just sold the shoes on another site for $650. I have been selling for 14 years and know what sells, pricing etc. eBay is not the place for high end items anymore
Message 112 of 119
latest reply

So true. It's crazy the buyers expect items for free and free shipping 

Message 113 of 119
latest reply

The point is it was not this bad before. eBay has changed and not for the better

Message 114 of 119
latest reply

I agree! I literally had a buyer try to offer me $5 for a shirt listed for $20 (original retail $125) and of course free shipping! I refused and the person send me a nasty email when I said no. I took the listing down In disgust, listed the item on a competitor site and sold the shirt for $35!!!! Bye bye eBay 

Message 115 of 119
latest reply

That is an unfortunate reality. With these buyers that want price adjustments when you know there is no issue I stand firm. Had a buyer in December that asked for a price adjustment 10 days after the item was delivered. She asked for a 33% adjustment. I told her I would accept a return. She then wrote a novel tellling me how I needed to give her a price adjustment. I simply replied "as previously messaged please return the item for a refund-thank you" I called eBay and reported the attempted shake down. Especially when she said " if you make the price adjustment I'll leave great feedback" needless to say she did not return the item. Also I took away eBay making decisions with my merchandise because they love for us to take returns and I did offer this con artist buyer a resolution. eBay cannot force me to adjust the price. For me 100% of the time if a buyer comes at you hard and demands a set dollar amount as an adjustment just offer to accept the return. I have yet to receive a return from that scenario. They want the item just for less.

Message 116 of 119
latest reply

As a hobby seller to professional seller over about 12 years, this is the most quiet/dead it has ever been. Typically we see a quiet period yearly which lasts for a few weeks maximum, but this year it has been the last 2 months and throughout the year it has been on a slow decline.  I really couldn't say what the exact problem is other than ebay themselves, screwing up what used to be a good system, to many rules, confusing functions, changes to listings turns people away, added to that terrible search functions, the website constantly with bugs doesn't make for a great platform. In Australia eBay bought a platform called Gumtree, a great platform prior to eBay. It is now on the decline with more advertising than products for sale. 

I would recommend that rather than looking for ways to tell ebay how they can do it better, it is time to look at other sale platforms, and find an exit strategy from ebay, as really don't see this improving all that much. I would go as far as to say the "eBay Boom" is over.

Message 117 of 119
latest reply

This thread is dead, check the date, you are replying to comments from JANUARY.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 118 of 119
latest reply

Maybe the thread is dead, but the reality rolls on...
Message 119 of 119
latest reply