cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where the heck are all the listings?????

I've had two for parts Apple TV 4th gen up for 3 days and they're not being shown. The ones below aren't mine.  But if you want to lose weight, ebay has got you covered.

These glitches\changes\screw ups are unprecedented even for ebay. Surely this level of incompetence can't be an accident, can it?

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Where the heck are all the listings?????

@paudoh-16 wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@paudoh-16 wrote:

@dande2016 wrote:

Oh it is ebay...here is just one of many threads. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Possible-Glitch-Not-showing-all-listings/m-p/28729732#M1249320

If you really stop and think, how does anything make sense. Since we started offering free returns at the beginning of the year, our returns have gone up dramatically. As someone else mentioned....renting, in our case that's jewelry. Nice to be able to order a beautiful piece, wear it to an occasion then return it. 

Then.....after forcing all these returns they say you're going to be charged extra FVF fees. BUT you get slapped with visibility and they turn your views off but since you're not getting any sales anyway that extra slice isn't going to hurt you at all.

Who it does hurt is the other sellers that you used to buy from. I had an email from one of my regulars wondering if I was ok? I told him what was happening and he said he was going to talk to his eBay manager for his store  Yup, he's a TSR++++ and more. But he isn't very happy losing four grand a month either.

An honest person is not going to do this.  She will only return if there isa problem.

A scammer will just file SNAD and return it on your dime

But at least hopefully you will not make someon so angry or desperate that they will damage it and then return it.

I agree an honest person isn't going to do this, however, since we did do our own test since the beginning of the year, I can assure that Free Returns caused an increase in returns. That is a fact, with real figures behind it.

Ours did immensely as well. I have a MSO seller health report that has our return rates on it. On the seler health report prior to free returns, and then after free returns, we went up nearly 1% in just 2 months. 

If you look nowdays, the return rate is still going up, near 2% of an increase than we had before free returns...

This is one reason I am so worried that eBay is accurately checking the responsibility. Our returns drastically turned to "Buyers Fault" returns. So if you count our entire return rate, it went up a lot. But if you check returns we are responsible for... last time I did the math we actually improved. Buyers don't have to lie about a SNAD to get a return anymore. I am just not sure if this is actually being considered... 

We have an advanced system for making sure we visually confirm our items to be packed before packing. It's extremely hard for us to make errors. I'm not sure anything better we could do on our end to affect the return rate... 

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@paudoh-16 wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@paudoh-16 wrote:

@dande2016 wrote:

Oh it is ebay...here is just one of many threads. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Possible-Glitch-Not-showing-all-listings/m-p/28729732#M1249320

If you really stop and think, how does anything make sense. Since we started offering free returns at the beginning of the year, our returns have gone up dramatically. As someone else mentioned....renting, in our case that's jewelry. Nice to be able to order a beautiful piece, wear it to an occasion then return it. 

Then.....after forcing all these returns they say you're going to be charged extra FVF fees. BUT you get slapped with visibility and they turn your views off but since you're not getting any sales anyway that extra slice isn't going to hurt you at all.

Who it does hurt is the other sellers that you used to buy from. I had an email from one of my regulars wondering if I was ok? I told him what was happening and he said he was going to talk to his eBay manager for his store  Yup, he's a TSR++++ and more. But he isn't very happy losing four grand a month either.

An honest person is not going to do this.  She will only return if there isa problem.

A scammer will just file SNAD and return it on your dime

But at least hopefully you will not make someon so angry or desperate that they will damage it and then return it.

I agree an honest person isn't going to do this, however, since we did do our own test since the beginning of the year, I can assure that Free Returns caused an increase in returns. That is a fact, with real figures behind it.

Ours did immensely as well. I have a MSO seller health report that has our return rates on it. On the seler health report prior to free returns, and then after free returns, we went up nearly 1% in just 2 months. 

If you look nowdays, the return rate is still going up, near 2% of an increase than we had before free returns...

This is one reason I am so worried that eBay is accurately checking the responsibility. Our returns drastically turned to "Buyers Fault" returns. So if you count our entire return rate, it went up a lot. But if you check returns we are responsible for... last time I did the math we actually improved. Buyers don't have to lie about a SNAD to get a return anymore. I am just not sure if this is actually being considered... 

We have an advanced system for making sure we visually confirm our items to be packed before packing. It's extremely hard for us to make errors. I'm not sure anything better we could do on our end to affect the return rate... 

Our SNAD's didn't go up, but other reasons went up. Now if you take an overall percentage it looks bad.  My concern too is the responsibility and if they really are going to be properly able to discern it.  I honestly don't think they will.  Their goal is to increase cost and reduce benefits. FVF up.....TRS+ Down

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 17 of 39
latest reply

It appears that if you wish to see ALL the listings in search results you now have to use the advanced search. Nice of them to let us know.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
It appears that if you wish to see ALL the listings in search results you now have to use the advanced search. Nice of them to let us know.

Advanced search was broken a couple of days ago, though.

Maybe during their fix for advanced search, they made an error somewhere and broke search with this new error?

I just called in & reported this issue. She let me know the tech team has not had a chance to look at it yet, but members are already reporting it. As more reports flood in, the likeliness that it will be addressed soon increases.

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

@sandmansales wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

One of the problems seller have is they often mis categorize there listings.  I am not saying you did but when items do not show after 24 hours you should research this and make sure you are listed in the correct cats/ sub cats.

I think with all your anger you display here daily, you might consider a break, before you have a breakdown completely.

Good Luck Selling!

Goodluck,

I've done 5 posts since 6/28 (not including this one.). You have that beat just this morning and it's barely 10:30 AM CST. So before you attack others about what goes on here daily, you may want to do a fact check first.

I hardly think pointing out you tend to always have negative and angry posts is attacking you.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

You can write all the negative posts you want. If it's the truth of how the site is messed up, then it deserves to be a negative post. Maybe some people just don't like the truth being pointed out. 

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@sandmansales wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

One of the problems seller have is they often mis categorize there listings.  I am not saying you did but when items do not show after 24 hours you should research this and make sure you are listed in the correct cats/ sub cats.

I think with all your anger you display here daily, you might consider a break, before you have a breakdown completely.

Good Luck Selling!

Goodluck,

I've done 5 posts since 6/28 (not including this one.). You have that beat just this morning and it's barely 10:30 AM CST. So before you attack others about what goes on here daily, you may want to do a fact check first.

I hardly think pointing out you tend to always have negative and angry posts is attacking you.

Good Luck Selling!

Just a totally unnecessary point. 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

You can write all the negative posts you want. If it's the truth of how the site is messed up, then it deserves to be a negative post. Maybe some people just don't like the truth being pointed out. 

Was that a response to the right person?

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

It was a response to the OP. So yes to the right person. 

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

Okey okey......wasn't sure.

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

Advanced search was broken a couple of days ago, though.

Maybe during their fix for advanced search, they made an error somewhere and broke search with this new error?

I just called in & reported this issue. She let me know the tech team has not had a chance to look at it yet, but members are already reporting it. As more reports flood in, the likeliness that it will be addressed soon increases.

I'm starting to think that as soon as someone mentions something, we should all call in anyway. 

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

OMG, hahahaha. Sorry Ersatz. I read your post wrong. What a dolt.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

@paudoh-16 wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

OMG, hahahaha. Sorry Ersatz. I read your post wrong. What a dolt.

😉

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

I searched Apple TV 4th gen for parts

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Apple+TV+4th+gen+for+parts&_sacat=...

These are the US results not including remotes, cases and game controllers. Are any of them yours? A simple yes or no will do if you don't want to ID yourself.

I would do a screenshot but it would be just too big.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 29 of 39
latest reply

re: Must use "Advanced Search"

WOW -- How in the HECK would normal non-Expert Ebayers KNOW that ???

But yes, that seemed to work, at least with ONE of my search problems.

Way to Go, Ebay -- When *I* don't make money *YOU* don't make money, either !!

Message 30 of 39
latest reply