cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Did 30 of My Listings Go?

I just noticed 30 of my listings have disappeared. I have no message from eBay. I have looked in my email including spam, my messages here there is nothing from eBay that tells me why they are gone. Where do I find them or what happened?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Where Did 30 of My Listings Go?

I have the ability to list many more than what I have up so I am not exceeding anything. And, I haven't ended any on my own. Now I am just peeved they didn't tell me what they eliminated. 

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

I should have 562 listings...

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for the added info. In that case I'd say old/stale listings is the most likely explanation, and if there's nothing in your eBay messages or email (or email SPAM folder) alerting you to the removal, then I guess eBay's not doing that anymore.

Very unfortunate as it's a huge time suck to go through your physical inventory and compare to your active listings.

I keep spreadsheets of inventory, active listings, sales, etc so if eBay pulled any of my listings it would be an easier process to identify what was missing. Perhaps a system like that would work for you go-forward.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Nope, didn't sell anything...great....I just can't deal with this tonight...gah....

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Mine are just plain MIA. That means going through everything to figure out what has been dropped and I don't have time for this tonight or tomorrow. I was listing a few things when I noticed 30 were missing. Why can't they just tell us this is going on?

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Well, it's gotta be the sales thing because I know it's not the other...

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I should have 562 listings...

Looks like the number of listings is continuing to drop. I am only seeing 499 as of 1:17 AM EST. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1683695781679.png

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@meekamaye 

I'm on the West Coast and it is about 12:45AM, I see 499 listings.

Have you tried looking on your Seller Hub.  How many Active Listings doe it say you have?

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

If when you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant, type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

FWIW, I've had eBay lose listings of mine that have been up for only about 45-60 days, I've had listings in every category 'disappeared' and only realise it when I find items in storage when I do inventory and realise that there is no listing for them on ebay.  I think it's a database indexing problem and nothing deliberate on the part of eBay - I don't let anything run past 90 days.

I just relist, looking at it as 'free' inventory, but it's a real pain, yes.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

devon@ebay 

Does ebay remove listings without any warning?  Are they completely removed...i.e. NOT in ended, etc.?

You can see what a problem this is..... a seller is going to have to match their inventory  to their active listings to find out which are missing........quite a job.......

Hey @dhbookds! We would not normally remove listings without notifying the seller.  If OP has already checked their drafts and ended folder I would recommend they reach out to customer support to see if there may be more going on with the account that would require to have a ticket open for it.

Devon,
eBay
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Thanks devon!

@meekamaye 

just want to be sure you see the ebay answer............

I do see some "seller ended" listings last nite..........that I assume were ended after all this discussion.......

Message 26 of 26
latest reply