cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatever happened to a GREAT EBAY COMMUNITY? Bad buyers!

Whatever happened to being nice to each other?  Why are buyers so nasty?  What happened to a great Ebay community>?  Recently, I had a buyer who asked 100 questions after he won the item. When I didn't answer within 5 mins he get very nasty. They told me "his girl" bought the item so he has to pay whether he wants it or not. I then refunded the buyer due to unable to answer his questions and avoiding to have to deal with a future return. Now I am being threaten and says he will blast me on Facebook?  Really?  What can't people just be nice in this crazy world with live in isn't hard enough.  Can't make people happy and it seems the buyers gets all the say! Little does he know that I don't do facebook and I don't care if what he says. His petty $9.95 item isn't worth his time when I rather deal with real life issues. Nasty people need to be off Ebay.... I wish it was that easy to do... just like nasty drivers need to be off the road. 

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I hear your frustration and can definitely relate.

In the past week I have had a buyer threaten me with a neg feedback because the shipping address on her account - according to the post office - does not exist and her item was returned to me.

I had another one demand that I split her order and ship it to three different locations, including Mexico, which I do not ship to.

I had one threaten me because I cancelled her order due to her bad address.  She messaged me that it was her old address, she had moved and wanted me to change it.  I cancelled it and invited her to update her address so she could repurchase the item to make sure she received it.  I was afraid I would lose any seller protection by making the change myself.  So, I did what eBay told me to do and cancelled the order.

I've had 2 demand that I cancel their order 2 days after they were shipped.

I had one send me a 2 word message:  what size?  (The size is stated in the listing title, item specifics and description).

And another one message me:  You state the size of ..... 3 times in the listing.  Are you sure that's the size?  (Size stated in title, item specifics, description, listing photo includes items next to a ruler with inches and millimeters clearly marked).

I think perhaps too many people are a tad stir crazy from being cooped up during this horrible winter.  After all, we are invisible entities and easy targets.  

Keep up your chin up.  There are thousands and thousands of great buyers on eBay and I am lucky to have had the pleasure of transacting with them. 

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Welcome to the world we live in !! And ( NASTY ) is EVERYWHERE not just on EBAY !! I would have told him to keep his daughter off of ebay and he wouldn't have to pay for anything !! And then blocked her !! End of STORY !! 

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

I had a bulk stamp deal listed. 1,000 or so stamps and the cost was around $35.00 so about 3.5 cents each.

Guy messages me, He'd be interested in buying a quanity of these if I'd take the time to sort them and just sell him the stamps with a clear, readable postmark.

"But I can't pay 3.5 cents each"

I blocked him.
Message 4 of 60
latest reply

the stay away from facebook

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

Social media is an open sewer and it has changed people into fowl mouthed A-holes.  Anymore, I will block any buyer or potential buyer shows a slight inclination of causing a problem.  I sell on eBay mainly to get rid of my decades of accumulations and I don't need the head ache of a problem buyer.  I had someone chew me out, calling me all sorts of names, because I didn't use proper grammar, according to him, in my description!  I asked him if his life was so pathetically bad that he had to troll listing looking for grammar infractions to make him feel better.  Then I blocked him.    It used to be, before eBay changed their policy in that there was no such thing as a BAD buyer, you could give a serial BAD buyer a neutral or a negative to warn other sellers what that buyer was like.  Now, smaller sellers are on our own.

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

I agree. I had a buyer who bought a coin from me. We never exchanged any messages before or after the sale. Then in the feedback he puts rate f for item angry seller, we never spoke to each other where does he get angry seller. Sometimes I give back money for shipping cost I always message those buyer tell them why. One time only someone stated "Thank you". I never hear from any of the others.
Message 7 of 60
latest reply

🙂
Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Totally agree. I block as soon as I only smell a hint of trouble just not worth the hassle.
Message 9 of 60
latest reply

@true-blue1 wrote:
I agree. I had a buyer who bought a coin from me. We never exchanged any messages before or after the sale. Then in the feedback he puts rate f for item angry seller, we never spoke to each other where does he get angry seller. Sometimes I give back money for shipping cost I always message those buyer tell them why. One time only someone stated "Thank you". I never hear from any of the others.

I sell glassware sets.  Sometimes i will have an extra pieces so I send it.  Only once did I receive a THANK YOU from a buyer.

ON the same note I just received a very nice thank you note from a buyer for a set of dishes.  So NICE buyers do exist..

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 10 of 60
latest reply

i have had a run of dishonest buyers. and my average item sold, with free shipping, is less than $6. they use returns to force me to pay for the return. i know they are hoping i will say, ''just keep it for free'' but i won't do that. they usually go away when they realize i won't play that game. i'd rather lose a little and have the item back and have them understand that tactic won't work on some sellers. first-time buyers (or they never left a feedback for anything they bought before) are the worst. they abuse the returns section all the time, choosing untrue reasons for the return. today i had to return both ways shipping for a two-pound item all the way across the country AND the item. the reason, ''item not as-described.'' a total lie. the listing description is super-clear about the dimensions of the item. and all i can do is block the buyer AFTER i lose money! i'm so sick of selling here. if i weren't dependent on the income from it i'd be so gone... no amount of obeying their dumb rules helps me. they've let the chinese factories in, selling with ''free shipping'' from their government. and our usps? charges them $1.10 to deliver a package when they charge me a minimum of $2.70. so now my inventory is worth about 20% of what it was three years ago. we'll all be speaking chinese in a few years. there is nothing fair about any of it.

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

@alwaysalohagirl 

Remember you are seller on ebay and you have NO rights.

ebay has trained the buyers to act the way they do and it will only get worse.  

Once upon a time ebay was the referee between buyers and sellers.  Now they are the bullies for the buyers.

The more ebay does to make it a "safer" place to buy the less people buy.  

Since the service metrics give buyers more leverage then just the $9.95 that he spent with you  but 4% off your gross income it will get worse every week. 

It is not sustainable.

But also don't forget how bad ebay is as a search engine to buy items now also.  

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

The buyers know they are protected by ebays bias toward buyers and low regard for sellers.I was just shot down by the resolution team for reporting a fraudulent return.Of course the sided with buyer and basically said I was not truthful.The buyers know their stance and abuse the one sided policies.

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Totally agree The return policy is one sided and the resolution center is a waste of time for sellers

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

I would BLOCK them from ever shopping from your store using the BLOCK tab on EBay tools. Next report them to EBay, EBay can read the back and forth between and they can take away their right to buy on EBay. 

Message 15 of 60
latest reply