cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What seller has the best photography backdrops + frames for the money?

There are quite a few sellers with this item, few being  an understatement. Maybe this question is better served for the "buying and selling" area so if you see me post this there again please don't freak out lol.

1. I'm looking for a photography background/backdrop with a frame that's 8 x 8 ft but preferrably 10 x 10 ft or 12x 12 ft.
  2. I'd like to spend around $100 max. That includes shipping. If there is one that costs slightly more I'm willing to hear about it. In the past I've been very disappointed in buying items here and direct websites, only to realize it was flimsy and I could have bought it directly from a China based marketplace myself, meaning I was grossly overcharged for what the item was. I'm not trying to open a photography studio so I'm not looking for a setup that costs $100's or $1,000's of dollars or else I'd just go to one of the stores in Manhattan, NY.
  3. I'd like one that comes with a Gray Muslin Backrop or this is the main background your recommendation came with.
  4. I don't care/mind if it's a US seller or a Chinese satellite seller. I just want the item delivered in a week to a week and a half max, preferrably UPS or FedEx.

Has anyone bought one of these sets from a particular seller and was very happy with it/still has it and it was great value for the dollar? Believe it or not this post is not to complain about "what's wrong with eBay", it's about trying to give an eBay seller my money for an item. Reviews and feedback on most items are hit or miss these days.

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: What seller has the best photography backdrops + frames for the money?

I've never seen, but never looked, for a 10' x 10'...........do you mean that in inches insead of feet?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have about $10-15 in mine. I got a cheap portable clothes rack with wheels so I can move it easily and put a white bed sheet over it. I pinned the sheet in the back so it looks neat.
My table I have about $20 into it. I bought a 6 ft folding table and put a white bed sheet on it.
I’d post a pic but it won’t let me post pics here anymore. Well, sometimes I can and sometimes I can’t. I’ll try in a minute.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@dhbookds

It's in feet. These are fairly large backgrounds that you usually see at professional shoots that allow you to take photos of people, animals etc. against a photographic or plain background. For smaller work, I have a lightbox type setup already and another one arriving tomorrow I'm really excited about. 

When I saw the rates a photographer whom I brought in to take photos for senior stakeholders on my current job was charging (I thought he'd cut me a deal for giving him almost $3K in work) and wanted to charge me it got me thinking. I would use the large backdrop to take my own bio photos, some stuff for promotion on one of my social media channels to drive engagement and then larger items for my site when I move off of eBay. 

No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mg152

You're brilliant as is your response and even better than what I was hoping for in a response. Craftiness. I have two of those portable clothes racks in my room (short story = minimal closet space) and didn't even put two and two together. I'd need to check my order history on the big A but believe they cost me around $60 each. Mine are stainless steel and very very rigid. I also don't believe I'm using them to their maximum height and they're already at about 6ft so they might work perfectly for this. 

Thanks for your comment and suggestion. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

While you're at it, you might want to check out a DIY green screen backdrop as well.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure

Thanks for the recco. Funny enough, one of the products I'm currently looking at features a lot of reviews with green screen solutions/output.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply