cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What return rate does ebay start to penalize you.

So I heard that ebay will penalize you and charge you a certain percentage fee for a high return rate. I sell mainly computer parts and it is a very challeging catagory. Most of the items I received back from returns are fully working, and some are damaged by the buyer because they of user installation errors. However because these user errors, and also unsupported components that the tend to use it with. I get a returns from user claiming they don't work. 

So at what percentage return rate will ebay start to haul in the higher fees? 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: What return rate does ebay start to penalize you.

@paudoh-16 wrote:

Its going to be psychicly done. If any eBay employee gets a deja  vu that someone might return some thing......well that counts.

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@paudoh-16 wrote:

Its going to be psychicly done. If any eBay employee gets a deja  vu that someone might return some thing......well that counts.

Does it not also depend on the day of the week?

Like any day that ends in Y?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I recently sold a nice throw to a lady with less than 30 feedback. I shipped priority and contacted her when the throw reached it's destination, "Lock Box" at the post office...she opened a return immediately, her reason, she didn't like it... I accepted return and waited for some sort of communication and finally she wrote and said she was going to keep the throw. So....no return. The problem is now I have a 1.18 return rate and my throws disappeared! I do not meet up to my peers. The number cannot be removed either...once it's there it's there for a couple years. Very unfair eBay!
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

yes i had returns just like you also and were found in my favor and wasn`t at fault but ebay gave me blemishes any way i think it`s very unfair and ebay needs to do something about this BIG BIG problem see the buyer gets no penalty for the returns but sellers will very unfair

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Ok having been slammed by Ebay I can tell you how those folks work 😞 It' 3 percent of your sales. Even if you have one of their premium stores and are paying for your stores. If you sell clothing and shoes does not matter if they are brand new and say a size 6 shoe does not fit it's a return. Oh, and they go back a freaking year on your sales. So unless your a mega seller (go back 4 months only) you get toasted and roasted. So you can go 8 months and be perfect and your under restrictions. Fact, as you reach the year on each item it drops out (who the hell ever came up with that is nuts) so they limit your sales or worse yet the dollar amount you can sell and put on (again what idiot came up with that one) So you can have lots of items left to sell but run affoul of the dollar amount because of what you have listed. All facts I know. And returns for any thing, say didn't like it, didn't fit, color isn't right, yada yada yada so no matter what the seller is wrong and it counts against you. Amazon on the other hand clothing and shoes return rate is 25% percent their average on lower things is 5-15% Ebay locks you in at 3% so it's unrealistic. You can have 100% 5 star feedback does not matter so a few fickle customers send it back even if they mess it up and well your on restriction and they can't undo it. Oh I've tried, it metrics they tell you LOL. Even if the date of things that count against you hit...nope you have to wait until the evalute you again...Oh by the way keep paying that store fee. Oh and we push you down in the searches, and this threat and that threat.. Meanwhile sellers with dubious feedback, but sell alot get a pass...it's all facts I know I've lived it. Even honest mistakes are well slam...Folks get less time for dealing drugs.
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 21 of 21
latest reply