cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with sales on ebay, i'm killing it on other sites and almost nothing on ebay..

Not sure what is going on with sales on ebay, I'm killing it on other sites... can't be price I'm getting more money on the other sites.. Any body know what is going on...

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Same

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

I think eBay needs to spend more to get their name out there.  Personally until I wanted to start selling things I completely forgot about eBay.

Using standard promotions I've found will get me into the google search, but I don't know how to rectify people going straight to amazon when looking for products (Like I used to do).  Even though you can find the same stuff on eBay for much cheaper.  Amazon just has that name as the go to place.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Same here! Maybe not quite  "killing it" on other sites, but doing a helluva lot better than here. The site where I'm doing the best charges considerably less fees, so I sure can't complain about that! Are you listening eBay?????

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Amazon also has Prime (aka "free shipping") for many shoppers. And free shipping over $25 (or so?) for everyone else. I've tried offering "free shipping" ... it works ok on another site I sell on, but it doesn't work very well for me on eBay. 

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

What other sites do you guys use?  Mercari and Offerup seem like a pain in the ass for a hobbyist like me.  Bonanza has the free import but I've read mixed reviews?

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

I'm doing well on the other site that starts with E. The one that's known mostly for handmade items. 

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

@tthodgepodge wrote:

What other sites do you guys use?  Mercari and Offerup seem like a pain in the ass for a hobbyist like me.  Bonanza has the free import but I've read mixed reviews?

I examined Bonanza in the past. I looked at my main category at the time, and I was selling more in that category PER DAY on ebay than all sellers combined on Bonanza in the last year.  I just checked the category that currently accounts for my largest daily sales, and there is one whole sale for $36 in the last year, and I am averaging about $160 a day in that category right now.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

I was doing very well on ebay, but this last 2 weeks just did very little... The other sites are a bit higher in fees, but it has just been super good in sales... I really believe something is wrong... always done well with ebay...Im going to give them a call later to see if maybe im right... But I have been listing my items on the other sites as not to lose this holiday shopping ... I pay more , but i get more ..so its a wash... Just hope things get better on ebay...
Jimmy

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

HI!

I am also "killing it" on other sites since Dec. 1st. Today I had a break though I need to send out 100 items in 1 package. That was the only order I had today so far. I am sure glad to have a break, it was so very hard for me to keep up. The issue here for me is the shipping costs. Good luck & hoping many more sales come your way🍀

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Ebay is looked at as Old school. Martha Merv and Gladys buy my things. If you don't feed the algorithm daily you are dead in the water, and frankly I don't have time for it. They also delete a lot of long tail listings without notice...In 2023 we will look at our plan and revise what is best.  If you list holiday items too early they get downgraded in search, by that time season hits,  you are shipping and there is no time to list new... so a Catch 22 if you sell Xmas.... I know very few people in my circle look here at all...except for used electronics and business machines. They also keep changing things... buyers want a consistent experience and shouldn't have to "work" to spend their money here.... ( glitches/category changes/combined shipping/shopping cart, etc..it used to be fun to rush home and look forward to orders... instead of perusing the boards 3 days before the biggest shipping day of the year! 

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I agree, items are just not being seen in the typical places that in the past buyers would find items outside of organic searches. eBay now wants money to be seen. I haven’t sold one item on eBay in nearly 3 weeks outside of promoted listings. I look forward to leaving this place behind asap. 

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

I've only had about 4 orders last month and nothing this month so far.

I think what I sell has a very small group of people who want any thing.

I plan to relist a lot of other items one last time after the holidays and see if I have better luck..

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

If you are killing it on other sites and nothing here why not just put it all on the other sites.  Just curious where in the world wide web is that magical place that allows sellers to be killing it.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

@prairieprimitives wrote:

I'm doing well on the other site that starts with E. The one that's known mostly for handmade items. 

Aha, that explains it. You are selling crafts so it is logical to get sales in a craft store. Ebay buyers really do not do much shopping for homemade crafts.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply