cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What adversely impacts your seller account more?

Multiple negative feedbacks or multiple cancellations?

I am forced into doing one or the other here with a potential sale I just made - a seller is demanding I combine shipping when it's not my policy.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Is this the same orders you're talking about in your other post?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

yes, it is. I complicated that post with too much information.

All I need to know is what is the LEAST worst option in my case.......all I know is that, on principle, i will NOT be sending this person three separate packages.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Answered here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Three-Separate-Transactions-Buyer-demanding-that-I-separate/m-...

@williazwer_0 wrote:

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what is the LEAST WORST option here.

Cancelling all three transactions or getting three negative feedbacks.

On PRINCIPLE, I am not sending three separate packages to this CLOWN , who literally is asking TWO FREE CD's.

I want to know WHICH PRACTICE will LEAST IMPACT MY ACCOUNT - three negatives or three cancellations?

Three cancellations will impact your account status with eBay. That's by far worse than 3 negs which may impact your future sales if a prospective buyer reads them, but your account with eBay will still be active so you can keep selling.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Three OOS cancellations could end your eBay career. Three negs won't.

Your best option is to combine the sale for this buyer and give them the shipping discount, but you seem dead set opposed to that. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Here's what I added to your other more informative thread. Hope it helps!

I think (ultimately) that three negatives will impact your account the least.

Here's how I see it... the three OOS cancellations would hurt you with eBay, maybe forever. Conversely, three negatives will hurt with prospective buyers, but only for a year.

So you can still play in eBay's playground, if only with a smaller group of buddies. Does that make sense?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@williazwer_0 wrote:

All I need to know is what is the LEAST worst option in my case.......all I know is that, on principle, i will NOT be sending this person three separate packages.

I don't understand what the problem is?

The buyer ask you if you combined shipping and you told them no.

Now that the buyer wants them shipped separately, it's a problem because you want to combine the shipping.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@williazwer_0 wrote:

I don't understand what the problem is?

The buyer ask you if you combined shipping and you told them no.

Now that the buyer wants them shipped separately, it's a problem because you want to combine the shipping.

This really does appear to be a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

If you cancel (really bad for your account), there is no guarantee you won't also get three negs since the buyer is obviously not happy.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

My suggestion is to buy a flame proof suit.. because you are about to get roasted in the comments.

The amount of time and hassle this has caused you (time is money)... you continue to loose revenue.

Just box the three items up.. send it to them and refund some of the shipping cost.

Your effort to game the system by staying at a lower product cost and offset your wallet by gaining on the shipping is just stupid as you simply don't know how to do it properly. This whole "on principal" is a load of **bleep**... you are that Karen who will die on a hill that they only see as worth anything. 

By the way go ahead and block me.. just so I don't have to buy from a seller like you. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Box them up, send them together and send the buyer a refund past your costs and let it be a learning experience. If 3 separate people had bought at the same price you would still be sending out 3 separate packages.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

OP, your post and subsequent reply contradict one another and it's going to cause a cascade of confusion.  In the main post you said the buyer wants you to combine the 3 items into one package but that is not your policy .... then in your reply you say you will NOT send 3 separate packages.   

Sooooo .... if you do combine them into 1, then why would the buyer give you negative feedbacks?  Won't you have done exactly what they "demanded"?  

By the way, even if (whatever you do) angers them, they may not leave feedback at all (did you check their feedback left for others to get an idea of their tendencies?).  But if you cancel 3 sales, the eBay software will absolutely, automatically, give you 3 of the least-tolerated violations a seller can do.  If their effect on your percentage drops you down to 'Below Standard' status, your fees will be much higher, you won't be able to do promotions, and if it drops you low enough your account could be suspended. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

If you want to try to avoid both..........mail separately......eat the cost....

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

There is a third scenario. You honor your buyers request whether it is to combine shipping or to send three separate packages. I really can't tell what your buyer is asking I have read both scenarios in this post and your other one. 

If you cancel the orders for OOS as others mentioned you are probably either suspended for awhile or permanently banned from selling. In addition to the OOS strikes the buyer could also contact eBay and file an additional report. If you attempt to cancel for any other reason such as buyer requested or problem with buyers address and the buyer contacts eBay that is just going to add to your problems. 

Not sure what the real issue is whether the buyer wants you to combine the shipping of the three items into one box or if it is the buyer does NOT want you to combine shipping and send them three separate packages. Whichever it is not so sure what your issue is with doing what the buyer requested. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

and the buyer contacts eBay that is just going to add to your problems. 

Yes that's another possibility I haven't seen anyone bring up.  If they receive the items in whichever way they don't want, and it violates eBay policy, then they could do 'Report Seller.'  

Message 15 of 19
latest reply