cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Would You Do With This Buyer??

I have a buyer that started messaging me with questions this morning regarding one of my products.

I've answered all their questions, but this last question was asking me where I was located.

I just thought maybe they were checking to see if they were in the same area.

I also decided to check their feedback.

They've received a total of 163 feedbacks as a buyer since joining in 2009, but have only left a total of 25 feedback.

Out of that 25, 2 are neutrals and 16 are negatives.

I'm seriously thinking about adding to my BB list to avoid a problem.

Lots of questions and don't mind leaving negatives.

What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

The listing should indicate where the item is coming from. I have had buyers in the past ask this question though, as they were wanting to gauge a shipping time frame. Though with the majority of their reviews being negative, i do find it suspicious. I think I’ve only ever left maybe one negative review, and that was a for a truly awful seller. The 16 does seem like entirely too many. Could be one of those buyers that is always trying to get everything for free.  I’ve had my run ins with those types in the past. 

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

What are your thoughts?

@dentalsales4u 

I'd have blocked so quickly that my own head would spin. I can't even believe you took the time to stop here.. 🤣

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

I would add them to my blocked list...

16 negative feedbacks as a buyer. LOL

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@dentalsales4u wrote:

I have a buyer that started messaging me

That implies MULTIPLE messages.

BBL immediately.

You will not miss this person, I guarantee it.

The new block from messages is genius...I just hope I don't run out of space.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Thanks y'all, I did add to my best buddy list.

They were enquiring about an item that's $1,495.00 I just don't need the headaches right now.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

You should NOT have listed them on your blocked list. 

MANY sellers state they are in Texas, when it's coming from China.

So, many buyers will ask..in which you can just state where your listing states you are at (since ALL listings show where a seller is located)

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

"You should NOT have listed them on your blocked list."

Why not? You wouldn't block a buyer who has left 16 negatives for sellers? 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

avoid problems and block them.  72% of the feedback they are leaving is neutral or negative. 

Too bad you can't post their user id here, I'd block them in a heart beat.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

"You should NOT have listed them on your blocked list."

Why not? You wouldn't block a buyer who has left 16 negatives for sellers? 

Nope...for 3 reasons.

1.) I NEVER check feedback of a buyer- they buy, I build & ship. 

2.) I do what I say and send what I sell so I have no reason to worry.

3.) If a 'bad' experience is had, buyers are more apt to leave 'bad feedback' 10x more than positive. MANY don't even bother UNLESS it's bad. 

But..like I stated, MANY sell from Texas yet ship from Taiwan- it's a problem that happens in WAY MORE places than just ebay (sites advertising on email, insta, fb, amazon sellers et.) 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Good job!  Too many negs usually bad news.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@dentalsales4u 

Here are two situations:

1. Buyer messaged quite a few questions on an item for Auction.  They also requested a complete series of pictures from all angles of an issue I described on the item.  This happened over the item not selling on one listing cycle and then being relisted for another auction cycle.  More questions ensued.  The last question they asked was that they wanted to be absolutely clear on all those points before they made me an offer ... ahhhhhh, it's an auction and the starting price is the lowest price I would accept and still make profit.  I figured where it was heading to them making a low offer and me saying no so I put them on the BBL ... the item sold that auction cycle with several bids above the starting price.

2.  This one is happening now:  Buyer has placed a bid on a $ 20 item ... most of the time I don't check FB but for some reason this time I did.  7 of their 29 FB left for others are Negative ... that's about 1 in 4.   They do not have a high FB count and in reading their neg FB it appears that they simply slap down the FB without making an effort to work things out with Sellers. 

So:

-There are 6 days left on the Auction cycle ... maybe they will get outbid

-I have no issue cancelling their bids and adding them to my BBL 

-The item will eventually sell on either eBay or another venue if I move it off the site so the decision is not about the money

-On more than one occasion here on The Community I have cautioned Buyers about leaving less than Positive FB, it's a reflection on them too, not just the Seller.  I point out that everyone can see the type of FB they leave for others and some Sellers might cancel transactions on them if they have a history of leaving bad FB ... this is exactly what I am talking about.  Some less than Positive FB is justified but in this case I think a lot could have been avoided had they made an effort to work things out ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Depends on the questions.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Any time I asked myself if I should, I regret that I didn't.

We all can tell when a sale isn't meant to be and its usually ahead of time. 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

I wouldn’t entertain any of that buyer’s questions in the first place with all those negatives he gives sellers . 
I would block messages  and add to BBL for sure.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply