cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re working on a simplified mobile listing experience for sports trading cards

We’re currently rolling out a new listing flow in the eBay App, specifically for sports trading cards listed in the Trading Cards Singles category. Select sellers will be automatically opted-in to the new listing flow. 

We welcome your feedback and will take it into consideration to improve the listing experience. You can leave feedback in a comment below or via our survey during the listing process. We’ll update you as we expand eligibility and participation in the new listing flow.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: We’re working on a simplified mobile listing experience for sports trading cards

It's easy if you're familiar with the process and can copy & paste descriptions from from say a "notes" feature. I have only done it a handful of times mobile. I am a dinosaur here so I am married to my PC and iPhone camera.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: We’re working on a simplified mobile listing experience for sports trading cards

Opt me in why not!

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

I list everything that I sell with the mobile app. I eventually plan on listing Pokemon cards and I planned on doing it with the app. I figured it would be easy to scan the cards that way to Auto populate most of the information and just insert the pictures I had taken with the phone. Is there some reason it would be awkward to use mobile to list cards?

Hi @sapphire_studio! We’re always looking for ways to optimize and help our sellers list faster and this new flow applies to single sports trading cards. If you’re listing Pokemon cards, we recommend checking out our image scanning capabilities on the mobile app. You can learn more here: https://pages.ebay.com/scantolist/

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Select sellers will be automatically opted-in to the new listing flow. 

@community_team 

Do you mean select sellers will be automatically enrolled?  The "opted-in" suggests that members would have a choice or "option" to participate or not.  

Is there an "opt-out" feature should the seller not like the 'new listing flow'?  

Where can we read about the specifics of this "new feature" compared to what is going on now? 

Hi @ittybitnot! Yes, sellers will be automatically enrolled and the new flow is a guided step-by-step approach. While you cannot opt out, if you have any difficulties accessing any of the listing features, you can save your draft and revise on desktop. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@community_team 

It has been reported that buyers forced into putting up a default payment source before bidding or making an offer are unable to make use of the VAULT as a result.  Will this new listing experience attend to that problem or should you tell sellers they need to turn the buyer payment requirements OFF since it seems this would discourage sales from the same buyers you want to attract to this category? 

@ittybitnot Thanks for your question. For buyers participating in auctions for Vault-eligible items, they have the option to still opt-in their purchase for Vault. As a seller, you do not need to turn the buyer payment requirement methods off if your listings are eligible for Vault.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

why not do live auctions like Whatnot? which protects their sellers 

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@wildpitchsports wrote:

Are you adding descriptions to your listings or are you using AI or just don't change the descriptions. That's pretty fast!

I use different templates for listing cards. 98 percent of cards don't need anything other than the basic description template. When it needs something else then I type it in.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

What would be more simple is to just stop "correcting" everything and have a dialog with actual sellers. 12k single trading cards sold and im moving my business elsewhere. Only reason why I started on here was the standard envelope service, and that is getting transferred to many other places. 

Glitch after glitch and unanswered problems are just too much for me. From pictures going missing on automatic relisted items, to eBay programming filling out my listings with incorrect information after I manually enter something... Its exhausting and simply not worth it.

This website would be better if it simply had a "hold my hand mode". Give the people AI, autofill, all these new broken features that are promised! Just let me chose not to use them.  

Message 23 of 23
latest reply