cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We got our first negative feedback, even though we offer 30 day returns

Sooner or later, we expected to get negative feedback.  It comes with business. This was a suprise, as we didn't receive any comments from the buyer that they were not pleased with the item. We offer 30 day returns, and would have worked w her. We sent her a message after receiving the feedback, and so far haven't heard from her.  Is it possible to contact ebay and question this?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: We got our first negative feedback, even though we offer 30 day returns

Some buyers may have had horrible experiences after contacting a seller about a problem, so they don't do that thereafter; they may just leave a neg and move on.

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

I just got a negative saying " cost me 37 euro customs". Im hoping it doesnt take forever for ebay to remove it but as many issues as there are right now, im guessing it will.

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

I understand your concern, but please know that "working with her" may not have been something the buyer wanted to do if she has had horrible experiences with other sellers who abused her.  Other sellers may have claimed they would work with her, but the reality was they sent strings of abusive, hostile, accusatory, profanity laced emails to intimidate the buyer into abandoning the issue and return.  Some sellers claim they take returns, but fight every one tooth and nail~they fly the returns banner for increased visibility and for a buyer's false sense of security, with no intentions of actually taking a return.  Sometimes you can spot this pre purchase when the seller will state that they only take returns if they misrepresented the item, but the reality is they think there is no such thing as a legitimate SNAD even when damage may be seen and questioned in the very poor pictures.

And "working with her" does not erase a negative situation, so you may have received the neg anyway.

Sorry, just how it is.  Some buyers don't want to deal with the hassle, they just neg and move on.

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Many sellers keep a stellar rating as they get Ebay to remove negs without any problems and other sellers can't get their negs removed.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for it.

I am just about ready to quit buying on Ebay due to poor sellers and too many issues they don't seem to care about.

Return for refund does not make a positive transaction for a buyer and Ebay should start to take that seriously.

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Many sellers keep a stellar rating as they get Ebay to remove negs without any problems and other sellers can't get their negs removed.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for it.

I am just about ready to quit buying on Ebay due to poor sellers and too many issues they don't seem to care about.

Return for refund does not make a positive transaction for a buyer and Ebay should start to take that seriously.

This is true.  It happened to me.  The negative I left was entirely factual and compliant with the feedback policy~but the seller called in and got it removed.

You have to REALLY earn a negative to get one from me.  

She had harangued me for days to change the feedback, saying she didn't know how I could sleep at night (very well, thank you) and how could I face myself in the mirror, I needed to find the Christian in me (sorry, it wasn't lost) and do the right thing and remove.  I made it very plain I was NOT going to remove it~this after days of abusive, nasty, hostile messages!`  She stressed her perfect feedback~then I found out why she had perfect feedback when mine was removed.

Message 50 of 50
latest reply