cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We got our first negative feedback, even though we offer 30 day returns

Sooner or later, we expected to get negative feedback.  It comes with business. This was a suprise, as we didn't receive any comments from the buyer that they were not pleased with the item. We offer 30 day returns, and would have worked w her. We sent her a message after receiving the feedback, and so far haven't heard from her.  Is it possible to contact ebay and question this?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: We got our first negative feedback, even though we offer 30 day returns

@turquoisetulipswrote:
the buyer didn't follow  the standard procedure

There is no standard procedure.

There is a recommendation, but it is not binding.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 31 of 50
latest reply

@turquoisetulipswrote:

What situation?  What reason would you use for removal? fernwood - unquote ------

I'd say the reason would be ,, the buyer didn't follow  the standard procedure that e bay recommends  to contact the seller first to work on a solution  before leaving negative feedback.  I realize its not mandatory  but it would have been the proper thing to do.  Tulips 

Tough to get buyers to follow standard procedure, or even understand it in some cases.

yesterday, here at our house, I was shown a broken bottle of nail polish that had arrived from an eBay seller the day before, and was informed that feedback was about to be sent outscream

The seller narrowly dodged a donut therestuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

I told her not to send the feedback, and that I would handle the issue. 

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

There is no standard procedure.

There is a recommendation, but it is not binding. chryslys - unquote -------------

The'' recommended standard procedure''  is to contact the seller to work out a solution  before leaving negative feedback . Correct its not binding ,, but it is the smart thing to do ,, just saying  . Buyers who leave negative feedback on a whim   for good sellers  without at least trying  often  get themselves blocked from doing any further business with these sellers ,, and they may not always want that to happen . A play on words doesn't change it  . Tulips 

Message 33 of 50
latest reply

@chrysylyswrote:

@itsmostlikelytrashnottreasurewrote:

It might be removed I would at least try for every neg feedback you get that way you might get lucky.

Sellers should not be permitted to manipulate or attempt to mainipulate FB.

Tell that to Toys R Us. They sold a bunch of stuff at one time and then failed to ship it. Turns out they were selling stuff ahead of time, and got lots of negs for saying the item was out of stock. eBay removed all the negs.

Message 34 of 50
latest reply

Tell that to Toys R Us. They sold a bunch of stuff at one time and then failed to ship it. Turns out they were selling stuff ahead of time, and got lots of negs for saying the item was out of stock. eBay removed all the negs.

If the listings in question said it was a presale and the negs were left before the promised delivery date, then that would be grounds for removal (see my earlier post about 'wrong')

But if the listings didn't say that and the negs were still removed, it was likely an example of eBay accommodating highly favored, profitable sellers.  Which I expect would include Toys R Us.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 35 of 50
latest reply

thanks for your response. I appreciate the time you spent, and it is helpful.
Message 36 of 50
latest reply

I didn't know I couldn't place the comment on shipping. Now I know. Thanks for picking up the mistake on the listing regarding shipping cost and text.
Message 37 of 50
latest reply

Glad to help.

Sometimes it's tricky winding ones way through all the rules and regulations around here.

Back in 1998 when I started it was really simple to list, although the simplicity was not always a good thing, that's for sure.  But nowadays it's become a bit of a tightwire act!

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 38 of 50
latest reply

@whiskeyronwrote:

Sooner or later, we expected to get negative feedback.  It comes with business. This was a suprise, as we didn't receive any comments from the buyer that they were not pleased with the item. We offer 30 day returns, and would have worked w her. We sent her a message after receiving the feedback, and so far haven't heard from her.  Is it possible to contact ebay and question this?

There is absolutely no policy on eBay that requires a buyer to return an item or contact the seller if he is unhappy. The buyer can simple leave feedback and move on.  

Yes, you can contact ebay customer support and "question" this, but they will tell you the same thing I just did. 

This assumes that there nothing about the feedback that violates policy, of course. 

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

@fern*wood

If the buyer didn't use the return policy OR contact the seller s/he has no right to leave neg when the seller doesn't have a chance to make it right. 

Hi

@whiskeyron explain every detail and have the transaction deals ready when calling...

IF MY POST HELPED GIVE IT A HELPFUL, IF MY POST HAD THE SOLUTION IN IT PLEASE ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

With all due respect, while I understand what you are saying, buyer is under no obligation to contact the seller for them to do anything.  Ebay will probably let the feedback stand as the buyer's opinion.  Contacting the seller is suggested by ebay but it is not mandatory or required.

Message 40 of 50
latest reply

While buyer is not required to contact seller and is entitled to express their opinion via feedback, I can see why it might be removed, if the seller is lucky, because it is not the seller's fault the item was not what the buyer thought it was.

My guess is the buyer just thought it was a quilt, complete and ready to be used.

But while I am not casting aspersions on the buyer's integrity, I wonder if that neg was left in hopes of opening price negotiation to remove it.  Just a thought; not saying that is what the buyer is doing as I don't know.  She could also just be disinclined to return and just leaves a neg and moves on.  

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

@bargainsandbaubleswrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

It might be removed I would at least try for every neg feedback you get that way you might get lucky.

Sellers should not be permitted to manipulate or attempt to mainipulate FB.

They are special.Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

@turquoisetulipswrote:

What situation?  What reason would you use for removal? fernwood - unquote ------

I'd say the reason would be ,, the buyer didn't follow  the standard procedure that e bay recommends  to contact the seller first to work on a solution  before leaving negative feedback.  I realize its not mandatory  but it would have been the proper thing to do.  Tulips 

I agree 100%!  That is the kind of buyer I would like to be able to put on my BBL list right away.  Unfortunately, I can't because we're not allowed to know that buyer's ID!   If that buyer could do this to a long time member, without giving him/her an opportunity to correct the situation - I want no sales from that person.  

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

That was the buyers opinion and they can leave any feedback they want.

Have a great day
Message 44 of 50
latest reply

WRT the buyer database of bad buyers, this is not a team sport. Many sellers would put their good buyers in there to keep them for themselves. Some buyers would be put in there who absolutely do not deserve it because they transacted with a bad SELLER.

Bad SELLERS are the main reason sellers lost the privilege of negging. Never forget there are bad people out there. There are few enough good buyers. Don't give bad sellers another mechanism to drive the remaining good ones away.

Message 45 of 50
latest reply