cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We canceled a sale for your security

I just got an email from Ebay, In it says don't ship the item. I get an order I ship it the next day, that is how I got the top seller badge. So what do I do just wait and see what eBay does?  I cant sop the post office the bear was shipped yesterday. 

stating 

We had a concern with a buyer’s account

Hello 2retiredpickers,
We wanted to let you know that a bid or order for the listing below was canceled because of an issue with the buyer’s account:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We understand that this must be disappointing, but unfortunately the buyer, xxxxxxx, is no longer registered on eBay so we had to cancel all of their open transactions.

Here’s what you should do
  • Don’t complete the sale or ship the item to xxxxx if you haven’t done so yet.
  • Don’t communicate any further with xxxxxx, especially if they get in touch with you outside of eBay. 
  • If xxxxxxx requests a payment or refund, don’t send any money without contacting eBay first. If payment was processed, a refund has not been issued yet just in case you’ve already shipped the item.
  • If you already sent the item, contact the shipper to find out if you can stop the delivery and have the item returned to you.
  • If your listing has ended, you can relist your item.
And remember, we’re here to help so please get in touch with any questions you might have.
Help&contact
Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Don't do anything. Just let them deliver successfully and you'll be covered by seller protection. These sales are actually better than more orthodox ones because the buyer isn't registered so I doubt they can come back and file for a return or leave a negative feedback.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

For what it's worth, you can file a recall for your package if you used USPS. Online, about $18. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I would do nothing. I have had a few of those letters and quite a few sellers have posted about them.  In all the cases I'm aware of if the item was already mailed, nothing happened.  The seller kept their money and never heard back about it from ebay or the buyer.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Don't do anything. Just let them deliver successfully and you'll be covered by seller protection. These sales are actually better than more orthodox ones because the buyer isn't registered so I doubt they can come back and file for a return or leave a negative feedback.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I get one of those emails a month.

Nothing you need to do.

Sale goes through and you keep the funds from it. eBay does not take the funds back.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I get one of those emails a month.

Nothing you need to do.

Sale goes through and you keep the funds from it. eBay does not take the funds back.

Wow that's pretty often

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@2retiredpickers wrote:

I just got an email from Ebay, In it says don't ship the item. I get an order I ship it the next day, that is how I got the top seller badge. So what do I do just wait and see what eBay does?  I cant sop the post office the bear was shipped yesterday. 

stating 

We had a concern with a buyer’s account

Hello 2retiredpickers,
We wanted to let you know that a bid or order for the listing below was canceled because of an issue with the buyer’s account:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We understand that this must be disappointing, but unfortunately the buyer, xxxxxxx, is no longer registered on eBay so we had to cancel all of their open transactions.

Here’s what you should do
  • Don’t complete the sale or ship the item to xxxxx if you haven’t done so yet.
  • Don’t communicate any further with xxxxxx, especially if they get in touch with you outside of eBay. 
  • If xxxxxxx requests a payment or refund, don’t send any money without contacting eBay first. If payment was processed, a refund has not been issued yet just in case you’ve already shipped the item.
  • If you already sent the item, contact the shipper to find out if you can stop the delivery and have the item returned to you.
  • If your listing has ended, you can relist your item.
And remember, we’re here to help so please get in touch with any questions you might have.
Help&contact
Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Ebay does not cover the fee to do this. You  only have seller protection if the item is shipped/delivered.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I have a few hundred sales every month.

And I get "return to sender" items once or twice a month as well.

Depends on the volume of sales...I guess.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yea but to get this eBay “intervened cancelled sale for security” email one time a month is still quite often even for a few hundred sales a month. You must sell in categories that are highly scammed.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Buyers are looking to add "feedbacks" to their new or newer account.

Some make it and some do not.

Inexpensive items is where these buyers hit us.

So they can scan other sellers and buyers with a host of positive feedbacks.

I got a positive feedback today from a buyer where the item was returned last week to me. LOL.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I got one of these emails about 3 weeks after the item was shipped / delivered.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply