cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchers, Offers, Blocklists and order of operations

I have a group of watchers on an item for sale as BIN, best offers turned off.

A buyer who is also likely watching tried messaging me with the "I think your item is low quality, give me a low price" ploy.

I replied politely "try looking for examples with lower prices" then added them to my blocked list.

My question is: If I now send out an offer to my watchers, could this blocked buyer receive and/or action upon the offer? Is there any 'order of operations' at play in this scenario?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Watchers, Offers, Blocklists and order of operations

@chris13 wrote:

A buyer who is also likely watching tried messaging me with the "I think your item is low quality, give me a low price" ploy.

I replied politely "try looking for examples with lower prices" then added them to my blocked list.

My question is: If I now send out an offer to my watchers, could this blocked buyer receive and/or action upon the offer? Is there any 'order of operations' at play in this scenario?

Thanks

Nope! They will not receive your offer. What will happen is it will say "Offer not sent to buyer" with a red symbol instead of the usual checkmark of "offer sent".

When I was sending offers on my phone a few years ago, I once got "you cannot send an offer to a buyer on your block bidders list". Then I knew forsure a blocked bidder couldn't see the offer.

Don't be afraid to send offers, just block anyone you don't want to receive them. I specifically block people to avoid them getting my offers because that ropes them back in to causing me lots of drama about their purchase.

C.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I think if you send an Offer to the Watchers, they'll all get it, yes. I don't have actual experience, though. Sit tight...

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I dug a little deeper and found a post from January that answered this.

Hopefully the code hasnt changed in 3 months! 😉

"I've sent offers on items blocked buyers were watching, it just says "offers not sent for 1 item" and shows a red note when you hit send"

can blocked buyer be on item watch list and buy if... - The eBay Community

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Don't respond to anyone you block.  They may be able to keep emailing you for another 30 days if you do.  Just block them, and they're gone.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@chris13 wrote:

Thanks

Nope! They will not receive your offer. What will happen is it will say "Offer not sent to buyer" with a red symbol instead of the usual checkmark of "offer sent".

When I was sending offers on my phone a few years ago, I once got "you cannot send an offer to a buyer on your block bidders list". Then I knew forsure a blocked bidder couldn't see the offer.

Don't be afraid to send offers, just block anyone you don't want to receive them. I specifically block people to avoid them getting my offers because that ropes them back in to causing me lots of drama about their purchase.

C.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@chris13 wrote:

I dug a little deeper and found a post from January that answered this.

Hopefully the code hasnt changed in 3 months! 😉

"I've sent offers on items blocked buyers were watching, it just says "offers not sent for 1 item" and shows a red note when you hit send"

can blocked buyer be on item watch list and buy if... - The eBay Community

LOL, I think I'm the person who originally posted that.

C.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

I think if you send an Offer to the Watchers, they'll all get it, yes. I don't have actual experience, though. Sit tight...

No, blocked buyers don't get offers.

C.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yep. That was you @sin-n-dex 

All credit goes to you sharing the only clear answer on this I could find. /deepbow

Thank you!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

If they think it's 'low quality' why do they want it? At any price?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35  Thats why I labelled it a 'ploy'

Some buyers think if they say 'Your item is worthless, will you accept 50% less?" that this is an effective way to haggle. For me, it was an effective way to get blocked. The buyer had dozens of nasty feedbacks recently left where they complained about 'one book in a box of 20 smelling musty' or expecting a shipping box to be new not recycled, etc. Their received feedback was spotless but that's a whole other topic currently being discussed in another thread.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Why would a buyer's feedback received be anything less than "spotless"?  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply