cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible scammer, how do I know for sure or report to ebay

someone made me an offer, which was my "buy it now" price. I clicked on their profile and this is what their "about" says (below). Also has a phone number, which I thought was not allowed, and ship to zip code is in Germany, but their location says United States. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It says “if you don’t want to text you can cancel the order”. I’d cancel at buyer’s request.

try to report him here. https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/reporting-issue-buyer?id=4084

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Just ignore their offer.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

This, do this and cancel at buyers request.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you don't like the offer, simply don't accept it.  You are not required to accept any offer that comes your direction.  I'm not sure I see any bad action by this buyer, but if you do, simply don't accept the offer.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

This, do this and cancel at buyers request.

There is no transaction yet.  The OP at the time they posted this, did not accept the offer.  All they have to do is ignore it.  They aren't required to accept it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Others have already comment and provided sound advice. The only thing I would add is you are a pretty new seller listing some pretty high dollar items. You may want to avoid using the OBO for awhile it can create some interesting situations/issues. The moderators appear to have removed the "about" part of your OP so not sure what the specifics are with the potential buyer or why they have their account setup the way they do but as others said simply ignore the offer. The potential buyer could just as easily hit the buy it now option on the listing and been done with it. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You can choose to accept or decline any offer for any reason. It is your store, your business. If you think its a scam, it probably is. Reporting them will help the eBay community, if they are legit then no harm no foul.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You can do one of three things with an offer.

1. Accept the offer 

2. Decline the offer

3. Ignore the offer. 
You are not required to accept any offer that comes your way. If you don’t feel comfortable with the offer , decline it or ignore it. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay does not want to know about "possible" scammers.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 10
latest reply