cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was NOT notified by Ebay that I sold and item, found out through a Paypal Email.

I sold a item this morning, and did not received notification through Ebay. I just was alerted about the sale through with an email from Paypal. When I go to the item on Ebay, it reads "out of stock."  I'm a little concerned considering I have not changed any of my notifications and I'm not being prompted by Ebay to print a shipping, nor are they even allowing me to print a shipping label for this item yet. Anyone have any suggestions. TIA

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Was NOT notified by Ebay that I sold and item, found out through a Paypal Email.

Exactly the same here.  PayPal shows buyer paid for several items so I printed my shipping label from PayPal.

This is scary.

Message 46 of 86
latest reply

Re: Was NOT notified by Ebay that I sold and item, found out through a Paypal Email.

@frock_my_world wrote:

My buyer paid twice, one was auto-refunded back to the buyer.  Received no notification from ebay about the sale.  Received a weird "You've Received CASH" email from Paypal instead of the normal "You've received a PAYMENT" email for this purchase.  Item still shows as available in my active listings. 

I don't understand how the buyer was even able to process the payment without an invoice.  When I click on the Payment Details for the payment on the PP site I can clearly see that it is for the item the buyer believes they purchased on ebay with the correct item number and photo of the item with link to the item, just like any other Payment Details I would see for any item I sell on ebay. 

Will probably simply end the listing and process the shipping label via Paypal so they at least know I've shipped the item.  The payment details indicate that the payment is COMPLETED so I guess I can safely transfer those funds into my business checking account as usual. 

They have GOT to get this resolved, and quickly.  I sold another item this morning completely problem-free, but wondering how many other sales I've missed because buyers are having such a hard time completing transactions, or processing payments. 

Sorry this is happening to you and many others here. 

I wonder if eBay will compensate Sellers who have sales reversed or cancelled due to this (if the Buyer doesn't come back)?  They should.

Message 47 of 86
latest reply

@thegreatergood wrote:

You’d think they’d communicate something, it’s been many hours now.  I’m not making any moves.  If I ship and the customers decide to cancel it would be a big mess, I think.

With Communication ... brings Admission that there's a problem.  Smiley Indifferent

I would call eBay, to report this and see if they can advise what to do.

Message 48 of 86
latest reply

Just checked, and same thing here. Had a sale an hour ago shown as paid on PayPal, but no indication of sale on Ebay.
Message 49 of 86
latest reply

We sold 2 items 2 hours ago and got the payment from paypal but still not showing in awaiting shipment. 

Also another big problem is that our store search is not working at all within our store.  We have several thousand items in the store, have been doing this for more than a decade, and have sold 24k+ items. Were pretty sure how it woks.  I tried to change some shipping costs on a few items so search and no dice.  I can see the categorys and scroll through those.  Tried a second search which we have over 100 of that type item and 1 came up. 

Serious issues and our sales suck like everyone else who posts here. 

Please cheerleaders, dont bother replying that everyones sales dont suck. Im yet to see one real person write that their sales are up either here or on other forums and youtube.  

Hopefully the new CEO gets rid of those working on behalf of ebay but maybe not technically for ebay who frequent these boards. 

Weve sold 3 million dollars here. Sales are picking up elsewhere without any work. Here they just keep getting worse.

Message 50 of 86
latest reply

Same here - recd an email from PP - checked my PP account and the payment is there but Ebay still showing as no payment received.    Had no issues yesterday.

Message 51 of 86
latest reply

@lulusparks wrote:

I am having the opposite problem. I got a notice from eBay, it is showing sold, but no Paypal payment to be found. Anybody else? Called Paypal and they can’t see it. I don’t want to ship until I have the money. 

You appear to be in an Alternate Glitch Reality ... or, if you're in Managed Payments, it could be the delay to receive your payment from eBay. 

I would call eBay to confirm the sale is valid and payment was processed.  It may be the result of this particular issue.

Message 52 of 86
latest reply

@goldrushfinds wrote:
Just checked, and same thing here. Had a sale an hour ago shown as paid on PayPal, but no indication of sale on Ebay.

eBay has confirmed Service Outages for Buy It Now and Checkout, which recently flipped to Service Disruptions (red to blue). 

https://www.ebay.com/sts

This all appears to be related and hopefully will be resolved soon.

Message 53 of 86
latest reply

this has been going on all day here in Michigan. ebay service map shows all of Europe out. ebay status here in the USA http://ebay.com/sts had buy it now & checkout as outage untill 3PM when it changed to disruption.

Message 54 of 86
latest reply

Well said!  wine_glass

Message 55 of 86
latest reply

Just had 4 purchases come from PP, 2 showed-up in eBay, 2 others have not showed-up and are still showing for sale.

Message 56 of 86
latest reply

Someone PLEASE CLOSE THE BACKDOOR...I have been logged off twice in the last  5 minutes **bleep**!!!!!!!

Message 57 of 86
latest reply

Mine is now showing paid and ready to ship.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 58 of 86
latest reply

Mine as well have finally come through 

Message 59 of 86
latest reply

Mine haven’t....yet

Message 60 of 86
latest reply