cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHO DOEES EBAY WANT AS SELLERS?

I'VE SOLD FOR 5 YEARS  AND MY LAST YEAR HAS BEEN DIFFERENT. ANY OTHERS FEEL UNAPPRECIATED?

KRMIDKIFF
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: WHO DOEES EBAY WANT AS SELLERS?

@mistwomandancing wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:
WHO DOEES EBAY WANT AS SELLERS?

IMHO they want sellers who

• have items that are in demand
  • have items that are not being sold by other sellers
  • do not generate returns or SNADs or INRs
  • ship quickly
  • do not cost them money in customer support

Add: Generate the most fees. They don't even much care how. They're helping USA sellers by dropping them to standard or below.

Sellers who don't have the difficulties that put them at standard or below or who don't list in such a way as to run into *problems* with their buyers in the numbers that would drop them down to standard or below...  won't face this.    I don't.    None of my Real Life personal friends who sell here have been dropped down to standard or below. 

The truth of it is, while some sellers DO have problems in the numbers that will hurt their accounts and run into difficulties in their business dealings here, tons don't.  Ebay doesn't just arbitrarily *drop* sellers down to standard and below. 

Sure they do- when they change a policy to a new defect and then make it retroactive. How many times have we seen this?

Or how about when THEY relist a sold item resulting in an OOS defect, or in some cases a duplicate item strike?

How about when an item gets pulled and you do your due diligence, tell an eBay CSR and they agree and TELL YOU TO RELIST IT, then *BOOM*?

CSR tells the seller GO AHEAD AND ESCALATE THAT CASE  ... *BOOM*- resolved without seller resolution strike.

Need I go on?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 31 of 35
latest reply

I sell to recoup the money I spent on items plus a bit more money.

Appreciation never even comes into play.  No one needs to appreciate me on eBay-just give me my money.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 32 of 35
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I'm saying if you take someone to small claims court over an Ebay sale the court will treat the parties as merchant and customer. It's not a change to their legal status according to the Ebay User Agreement, but it is incorporated in the way Ebay treats both parties.

Buyers may have to request cancellations from sellers but they can also do a chargeback through their credit cards and be completely covered. In reality sellers are on shaky ground when they refuse a cancellation or return.

If you want proof that the peer to peer sale is no longer the model, all you have to do is look at feedback.

Ebay is a second market 3P seller Site !  The Buyer and Merchant  protection federal and state  statues give second market  3P sellers  a lot more ground  on returns and buyers remorse   and no return policy's .  Buyers don't  have absolutes right to returns and money back   under federal and state buyer and merchant statues .    The  retail industry  findly admitted   they can't  give or offer  liberal return policy's any longer ! After they have and are doing 16.9 billion dollars  year  lost  to buyer fraud .  Ebay does not have the sellers be they large named brand  down to small that  can lose 1 Billion dolars a year to buyer fraud. 

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I'm saying if you take someone to small claims court over an Ebay sale the court will treat the parties as merchant and customer. It's not a change to their legal status according to the Ebay User Agreement, but it is incorporated in the way Ebay treats both parties.

Buyers may have to request cancellations from sellers but they can also do a chargeback through their credit cards and be completely covered. In reality sellers are on shaky ground when they refuse a cancellation or return.

If you want proof that the peer to peer sale is no longer the model, all you have to do is look at feedback.

Right!feedback is smoke and Mirrors!  I say to if go to ebay UA Purchase section  they  still claim just venue  a hosting site for the sellers  ;"Peer to Peer"  Since they state very clear the items  are the sellers and that said sellers can setup how they want to transfer owner ship over to buyer ! Be payment  or after they are declaired winner .  They Have the Ca. and Ut. contract laws !  Meaning no way they ebay is in No Partner ship with seller .  Ebay's claim ; Controled market site is **bleep** Cat Mad see_no_evil , Smoke and mirror's  Smiley Surprisedsee_no_evil

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

you mean lawmakers and corporations are subsidized by US citizens. No wonder they are trying to privetize everything.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply