cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Magazine to sell on eBay

Hi, everyone.
I sell a lot of old vintage magazines in my store from at least 10 years ago and more.
Now i got Vogue magazines from 2009.
Just before I uploaded the magazine I received a message in red inside the product page:

Your account isn't approved to sell this item, as you were named as a defendant in a lawsuit. This product is either related to that lawsuit or may put you at risk of being named in another lawsuit. Don't relist this item. Doing so will expose you to legal risk and could result in the permanent suspension of your account.

In the condition of the magazine I write: in very good condition, so that means the magazine is second hand. Should there be a problem?
Obviously, if I had put the magazine in Brand new then there is copyright (Vero) here.. but this is a vintage product and until now I have uploaded magazines of other companies from many years ago and there was no problem.
what do you think? I would be happy for advice 🙂

thank you

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Vintage Magazine to sell on eBay

I am just throwing darts at the board here...

"something" in your title or description kicked the bots into action......

Brand New, Used, VG, Reader, Filler....any Vogue Magazine should never fall under the auspices of vero

at least I can't see it

I have had a warning popup when I pointed out what "Period Ads" might be in the vintage magazine, but not very often

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

and by the way..I did a search on ebay and saw that there is

31,000+ results for Vogue Magazine

So there is no way all 31,000 have permission to sell, and if eBay deleted or sued the person who uploaded it, then I wouldn't find such a large amount of people selling this magazine

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

If eBay says to not list it, then i would not.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

The magazine is basically a brand, but from what I know as long as I haven't marked it as a Brank New there shouldn't be a problem no? This is how I did it with familiar magazines that I had already uploaded and there was no problem. It's just that this time it popped up in a message and I don't want to risk my account.. That's why I'm consulting here 🙂

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

oh...one more thing i missed/forgot

There are some SPECIFIC ISSUES of certain titles that CANNOT BE LISTED for whatever reason....

(unless you are an expert in the field you simply don't know)

I can attest to a book that contained a young actress (a classic hardcover) that is on the no-no list...

unless you knew that, you might wonder why that particular issue would be non-gratis

I agree with @fashunu4eeuh 

don't relist it....you will get slammed

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

eBay says do not list it. As others have pointed out the consequences for forcing the issue can be dire.

Do you really want to risk your account for one magazine?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@good4megold4you wrote:

The magazine is basically a brand, but from what I know as long as I haven't marked it as a Brank New there shouldn't be a problem no? ...

The bots that search out these things are very literal.  The reason is probably not related to copyright, condition (new vs used) or anything else that an actual human can figure out. Just don't relist it.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@good4megold4you 

You're located in Israel.  Not sure if there are laws in your country concerning that item that Ebay enforces.  All countries have different rules/polices.  My suggestion is not to list it again or you could jeopardize your account of many years.  I know that's not what you want to happen.

Happy Selling. 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Hi, everyone
Thank you very much for the answers. This is one magazine that I intended to upload, but I have dozens of vouge magazines. I'm really trying to understand what the problem is.. I didn't define it as a new product, but as a second-hand product, in addition I've already loaded hundreds of bravo magazines and there was no problem. Moreover, I also uploaded cosmopolitan magazine. So what is the difference between them? They are the same thing! I think there is a misunderstanding here especially when I do a search and see 31 thousand magazines of the same magazine I received a message about just before I uploaded it to my store. I won't go up at the moment and will contact ebay directly to ask them about it. The problem is that their customer service is very bad.. One representative gives one answer and another representative another answer.
Well, I'll see what I can do now...

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Your account isn't approved to sell this item, as you were named as a defendant in a lawsuit. This product is either related to that lawsuit or may put you at risk of being named in another lawsuit.

What lawsuit were you named in ?

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I have no idea what they are talking about

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@good4megold4you wrote:... I think there is a misunderstanding here especially when I do a search and see 31 thousand magazines of the same magazine I received a message about just before I uploaded it to my store. I won't go up at the moment and will contact ebay directly to ask them about it. The problem is that their customer service is very bad.. One representative gives one answer and another representative another answer.

Well, I'll see what I can do now...

That is why everyone has advised you to just abandon all hope of listing that item.

Bots have pulled listings for weird reasons. A model train lot pulled because one model had "Western" in its name and another had "union" -- bots called it a violation for soliciting off-eBay payments (Western Union). Many listings get pulled for using the word "ivory" even though they're referring to a color, not the animal product. So the problem could be as simple as a phrase that appears in your listing description.  You will not get any satisfaction from eBay customer support, it's definitely not worth investing your time pursuing that.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

2009 Vogue Magazine, 900+ for sale, 90 sold. Horrendously flooded market already and I am sure being in Israel makes yours less competitive since it will likely have to cross a border to get to the customer. 

I would not risk my account over a magazine that MIGHT be good for a $5 profit 3 years from now.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

"Vogue" as  a brand is also used by Butterick Patterns for their more difficult and "couture" sewing patterns.

For that reasons I can't think that the VeRO warning is related to the name of the magazine.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply