cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Settings Too Limiting

You're trying to demonstrate an item and show it in 3D, but ebay wants your video to be 150MB,  that's too small.  You either have to cut your video short, which you might as well add another photo as 20-30 seconds is too short to explain yourself.  Or, you have to decrease the quality so the customer thinks they're playing Atari.  They do the same bogus things to our pictures by showing a lesser quality picture before a customer zooms.  Now they plan on giving us 24 awful photos?  Why not limit it to 3 photos or 6 and allow us at least 500MB per video?  Basically I have to host it on my own website and add an HTML5 code.  Who did they actually hire to come up with this nonsense?  A pitch is not fast,  it is slow and informative.  If you start making videos like you put sugar on your frosted flakes customers are going to look elsewhere.  I'd argue,  once again,  a drop in sales can be linked to ebay showing less quality images to save on bandwidth.  Ridiculous compromise.  Your 1st picture is your main pitch.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Video Settings Too Limiting

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about video, I'd worry about improving my listings.  This item barely shows up in the gallery picture.....

Vintage Retro Halloween Horror Movie Prop Ripped Out Eyeball Décor Zombie Custom

Most of the rest of the pictures are sideways..

An this is the description: 

Horror Prop Halloween Décor Zombie Custom Life Size 19 Inches Long

This is hand crafted and hand painted.  That was a long process.  This is one of a kind.  Exclusive prop.  

Happy Halloween!!!Happy Halloween!!!

You make these, from what I gather and they are quite impressive, but your listing really does them a disservice.....

just my opinion.........

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@skeletonstore wrote:

You're trying to demonstrate an item and show it in 3D, but ebay wants your video to be 150MB,  that's too small.  You either have to cut your video short, which you might as well add another photo as 20-30 seconds is too short to explain yourself.  Or, you have to decrease the quality so the customer thinks they're playing Atari.  They do the same bogus things to our pictures by showing a lesser quality picture before a customer zooms.  Now they plan on giving us 24 awful photos?  Why not limit it to 3 photos or 6 and allow us at least 500MB per video?  Basically I have to host it on my own website and add an HTML5 code.  Who did they actually hire to come up with this nonsense?  A pitch is not fast,  it is slow and informative.  If you start making videos like you put sugar on your frosted flakes customers are going to look elsewhere.  I'd argue,  once again,  a drop in sales can be linked to ebay showing less quality images to save on bandwidth.  Ridiculous compromise.  Your 1st picture is your main pitch.  

Most of the videos on YouTube are no wears near 150MB.
So 150MB is more than enough. Try reducing the quality
settings on your camera, no one will know the difference
viewing it on eBay. If you can't get the size of the file down
enough you can use the settings in this freeware.

Any Video Converter Freeware

https://www.any-video-converter.com/en6/for_video_free/ 

10.jpg

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I sell violins, and my demo videos tend to run 2.5  to 3 minutes at 1080P.  If I could just link to a YouTube video in the description text, that would be fine. Sometimes I can, but it seems random. I've got to be able to give a hint of the tonal range of the instrument, at least.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They're idiots, I'm so sick of their garbage. Last year I was able to post a 3 minute video and today, I can't. They take away everything that makes sense and is useful to the seller. I'm so tired of this.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Very old thread

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply