cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variation photos being removed every time I add quantity/restock MV listings

I've noticed this happening the last few days. Every time I go to my GTC MV Listings and change quantity to restock or change price, ebay ends up removing ALL of the variation photos and changes the parameter of those photos from "color" to "use default photos."

It's really frustrating when I have listings with over 100 variations... I have to re-upload all of those photos when I change the quantity of just one variation. What's supposed to take a few seconds to do can end up taking almost 10 minutes.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I would think this would be a pretty top priority issue since it can cause ALOT of SNAD cases because of lack of photos.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Variation photos being removed every time I add quantity/restock MV listings

@bigdeals.etc

Tyler answered on this thread about variation problems....

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/It-seems-like-every-week-there-is-a-new-bug-in-the-system-and/...

note he is saying that all that have been reported so far have been from the June GTC disaster.........

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Re: Variation photos being removed every time I add quantity/restock MV listings

@dhbookds wrote:

@bigdeals.etc

Tyler answered on this thread about variation problems....

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/It-seems-like-every-week-there-is-a-new-bug-in-the-system-and/...

note he is saying that all that have been reported so far have been from the June GTC disaster.........

Hey thanks for the heads up bud. I've been keeping a very close eye on this glitch with my ebay concierge since I called them the day I wrote this post. No disrespect to Tyler, but his explanation is totally incorrect. I'll reply to him in that thread you linked.

Here's some info I got from my concierge agent. So when I talked with her, she IMMEDIATELY said yes, she's aware of the issue and that it is global. I guess that means it affects everyone... or at least a vast majority. Sorry @kerfloppity and many others who called ebay and got the shaft... those agents totally lied to you to get you off the phone. My agent agreed to call me every Wedesday with a status update (even if it's no progress to keep the line of communication open with me). So I spoke with her twice so far since the issue.

Basically she says the issue started when ebay started messing around with the whole UPC and ebay catalog deal relating to the Fall Seller Update. So most likely the glitch started when the Fall Update was announced... which lines up just right since it was a little over a week ago. She also said the IT dept responded back to her ticket and said the problem will go away if your listing has uploaded UPCs for the items listed. I told her that it is untrue and just a lie for them to try to stall or something... that we've already replicated this problem with my existing listings that had UPCs from the start. She remembered and agreed with me, so she's going to counter the IT guys with that and see what they else they say. Who knows, they may end up spewing out the same thing Tyler said. Which is also wrong because I've made 10 new GTC listings with UPCs since this Saturday and they ALL are affected with this glitch.

Thanks again for the heads up. For all of our sakes, I hope this gets fixed asap. You can imagine how tough it is for me to restock inventory every week, especially with my listings with over 230 variations... ugh.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Yeah, it isn't correct. I have tried two kind of listings (with UPCs and without UPCs). They are both losing images DUE TO the variation image setting automatically change to "by default photo" ONCE you edit your listing (even a simply update restock inventory will lead to this problem). In the past, they is locked due to ONE sales, you can't change the image setting, but starting from this week, you can change it. If you don't choose to change it, ebay will automatically help to change it and make all the images gone!!
Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@akohobby wrote:
Yeah, it isn't correct. I have tried two kind of listings (with UPCs and without UPCs). They are both losing images DUE TO the variation image setting automatically change to "by default photo" ONCE you edit your listing (even a simply update restock inventory will lead to this problem). In the past, they is locked due to ONE sales, you can't change the image setting, but starting from this week, you can change it. If you don't choose to change it, ebay will automatically help to change it and make all the images gone!!

Yea this is EXACTLY what I told my agent. This only happens when you revise anything in the variations pop up revision section. If you change the title, description, or the shipping/returns/checkout fields... everything is fine. But if you change the quantity (or price) of one variation, the system goes haywire and resets that photo area.

I suspect the programming has always been trying to "reset" that area. But it wasn't able to because of the restriction we get once we make a sale. I think I recall my variation photos being removed long ago but ONLY on listings that never had any sales (because we were allowed to manually change that variations photo section to a different variation). But now since that restriction is gone... that programming takes over and nothing restricts it. I think that's why IT is having a tough time trying to find out what code has changed... when I think that code has been there all along. They should be looking for the code that lifted that restriction instead and simply put that restriction back on.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@akohobby wrote:

Yea this is EXACTLY what I told my agent. This only happens when you revise anything in the variations pop up revision section. If you change the title, description, or the shipping/returns/checkout fields... everything is fine. But if you change the quantity (or price) of one variation, the system goes haywire and resets that photo area.

This is exactly what I am experiencing as well, the main page (title, description, etc.) can be edited. If you try to do ANYTHING in the variations section, you lose all the hard work and it goes from bad to worse each time you try. Even new listings aren't working right.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

I have the same problem. I wrote and called eBay many times. Noone got back to me. It is really frustrating when all the time I have to put photos all over and over again...

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

seems it affected all users...
Message 23 of 30
latest reply

We have the same issue, everytime we update qty on the listing! So frustrating with over 30-40 variations!

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@theglitteratishop wrote:

We have the same issue, everytime we update qty on the listing! So frustrating with over 30-40 variations!

I know how you feel. I have many listings at 150+ variations. Do you realize because of this glitch how long it takes to upload that many photos??? It's discouraged me to restock much of my inventory because I'm not going to do all that uploading work just to add a few units to my listings.

When a buyer returns something I don't even bother to add that 1 unit back to the listings anymore because of all of the grueling uploading work. During one of my hundreds of times re-uploading... in my haste I accidentally uploaded a Navy Blue instead of a Royal Blue for a variation and a buyer bought it and ended giving me a SNAD.

tyler@ebay brian.t@ebay or any blues care to comment at all about this or are we just left hanging yet again?

One small positive thing I noticed from this glitch... you can finally remove obsolete "out of stock" variations from your listing if that variation has been discontinued. If I had a choice, I'd rather not have to re-upload photos and keep my obsolete variations.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

We're still having this issue on any edit GTC multi-variation listings. Anyone have any updates?

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@racingdirect, maybe brian@ebay can add you to the ticket on this issue. There's more information on this thread that was linked above:

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Thanks, will do!

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Hey I just did some restocking revisions today... and noticed that for some of the listings I restocked, the image removal glitch has been fixed.

Is this fix a fluke, or can anyone confirm this as well in their listings? I don't want to fully trust it yet and start revising my larger variation listings only to have the system remove the photos again.

Also I believe the Bulk revision tool glitch for variation listings is linked to this. Is that one fixed too?

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Really?!

If it is actually fixed, that is exciting!

My problem is identical to yours, multiple listings with about 100 different variations per listing and the extreme frustration of hours updating the images whenever I feel motivated enough.

I am going to update one of the listings and I'll let you know what happens on my end.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply