cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the tools ebay gives sellers to drum up some business

So I've been fiddling around and finally figured out how to put listings at a discount.    Like 25%  off

and I set some up for $ off if you spend certain amount.

Then I had the idea,  Could I send out a message to every buyer I've had in a given time frame 

a little heads up that I was running a sale?

What I've found,   Is the option to send a select group of past buyers or people who have favored

an account a coupon.

I'm trying to figure out how to utilize that.    Is there anyway to just send them a heads up without

giving them another discount coupon?   

Any advice,  critical or otherwise,  guidance,  pointers,  tips,  would be appreciated.   

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can send a newsletter out to your previous purchasers instead of a coupon, I believe, but you'll have to obviously put some work into making it attractive or you'll simply annoy them.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes it’s called a newsletter. 
If you have an eBay store you can send your buyers a  newsletter.

eBay Store Newsletter  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks to you both.   I knew what I was looking for,   Just didn't know where to find it.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@dirk12955 ,  A better idea than running a store wide sale. 
Go to your Active Listings.
Find the "Available to send offers" link.
These are the listings that shoppers have saved in their Watched Items.
Send discounts on those items.

IMO: It seems to be more difficult for certain sellers to get the amount of views they used to get.  
Price doesn't seem to gain you as many views as it should (or as it used to).  
Best I can tell, running a store wide sale, doesn't do much for sales.
BUT, sending discounts the few views that I did get?  That seems to work pretty good.
Sending coupons to past buyers?  I'm not sure I've ever sold anything that way.  Although, I do have quite a few repeat customs.
The storewide sale?  It used to be my go to thing. Used to work great. But, not any more.  
NOW, I'll promote my listings a certain percentage instead.  eBay gets the discount instead of the buyers....but, at least I'm being seen more so than without promotions and that seems to be the key

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I've used the send offer choice in the past.   Mostly to get rid of old  or slow moving listings.   

I've had luck with it in the past,  But with less watchers lately I'm sending less offers and ' getting pretty much no sales from that option.   

I hesitate to boost my Promo % and pay more in fees on less sales.    I've played with the promo

fee schedule and have manipulated a few items (That should sell)  into the top spot and 

sales are still  Sluggish.

My wife thinks I got spoiled during the Covid rush which was very profitable to my sales.   Now

going back to 2018-2019 sales levels it's making me a little crazy and it's hard to sit back and  not 

try everything to generate some sales.

The wild up and down swings in clicks and view is nothing like I've seen on ebay in

23 years as a seller.    I had  a day in April 2023 that was my absolute best selling day in 23 years

Then I had 10-12 days with virtually no sales at all.    

It's impossible to figure a strategy that will work on a continuing basis.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply