cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by recent request for bank statement

I’ve been regularly selling on eBay for the past few months and already went through verification process to process and payout my sales quickly which has been fine until today.. after I made a sale I got the notification to verify my account by providing a bank checking statement. which I went ahead and downloaded a pdf from my bank account and uploaded and now I get this: “

Your payouts are blocked while we review your account. This is a routine process to keep your account safe and takes up to 6 business days to complete. We'll email you if we need more info.”

Which is kind of annoying because I was dependent on todays sand tomorrows sales to hit my account. Will this actually take 6 days?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not trying to sooth your pain, but when this "review" happened to one of my accounts, it was back to normal in 12 hours....

not sure what triggered it, but it is all part of "the process" I guess.....

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yeah it’s so random and such bad timing. Anyway, I have them what they wanted haha this better go smoothly.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@dayditty wrote:

Yeah it’s so random and such bad timing. Anyway, I have them what they wanted haha this better go smoothly.

Hope it does for you.

Heard some sellers have had problems and it takes a little longer.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

just a quick observation that 'may' have triggered this...

you appear to avaerage about $30-$40 per sale consistently

then ...bam...you have a 250 sale

just pointing that out as a possibility that it was a bot review, which, if all goes well, should be quick

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It's a pain when they hold your holds.  Remember, if you use EBAY SHIPPING, the exact amount of the postage fee is released so that  you can print the label and ship ontime.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Definitely, the issue has been half resolved. When I logged into my payments this morning I got a message stating funds were paid directly to my bank account because there was “some issue” with my debit card. Which is so weird, nothing has changed. Everything was going smoothly for months as a seller and payouts were daily. It’s bewildering how flawed things can get with eBay. So I removed my debit card and added it back and resubmitted my checking account statement and so I wait. Because they paid out directly to my bank account I have to wait for a few business days give or take.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Same thing just happened to me.  I had a sale & immediately after the sale ebay needs to verify my bank account AGAIN!  Nothing has changed on my end, same sales, same bank account I've always had.  It makes me wonder if ebay has banking issues and this is a way of delaying payment.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply