cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using eBay Printing Labels offer????????????

This just came in this morning and I just want to confirm this is the regular label printing through eBay and not some new discount offer ... I suspect it is BUT that this was triggered for one of two reasons:

1. I was forced to print labels through PayPal when eBay was having their label printing glich recently

2. I have shipped about 6 packages using some discounted postage stamps and have been uploading Tracking Manually

Screenshot (788).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I use eBay's label printing service and have managed to do so through all their glitches.  Looks official - don't know of any new promoted discount - if there's an additional discount ... I want in.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Did you get that message in My eBay or did it come to your email?

I think the reference to "President" makes it a bit suspicious. 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Yes, apparently they can tell when you use PayPal labels but can't tell you usually DO use eBay shipping.

It's like when I get little sales pushes that I can list 50 items a month for FREE (they can't seem to figure out I'm paying for a store)

Also note the no space between switch and from (can they not even afford a proof reader?)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

In eBay messages

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I didn't get that either, and I agree with the other poster about "President".

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Mine just used my first (real) name

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

All they've done is take notice that your shipment labels aren't being purchased through them.  If they can get you to use them, they make money too.

Not sure why you were addressed as President.  Maybe it's some programming thing that's recognizing you as the 16th US president, and if that's it, they are addressing you properly  lol

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Ah yes, the joys of seeing this message at least 3 times a day - System unavailable. Please try again later!

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

All they've done is take notice that your shipment labels aren't being purchased through them.  If they can get you to use them, they make money too.

Not sure why you were addressed as President.  Maybe it's some programming thing that's recognizing you as the 16th US president, and if that's it, they are addressing you properly  lol

Yeah, could be more great Artificial unIntelligence...

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@mr_lincoln

1st time I see this ?promo? that you're showing.

Did not receive one like that in our inbox.

We always uses the ebay label prints and not paypal. 

*Touch wood* have yet to encounter glitches at ebay label printing site.

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

@tweetystwades wrote:

I didn't get that either, and I agree with the other poster about "President".

Considering that some of their code seems to be from that timeframe, it's possible they think he's still around ............

Well - as Much as Ebay hates it - I have tried daily to use EBAY LABELS - and each time - I go through the long process or seeing the Paypal choice of Payment (oh wait - it has to RE-LOAD so I can see the PAYPAL CREDIT OPTION FIRST) and when I press to pay - the little red box comes up and says TECHNICAL SERVICE UNAVAILABLE TRY AGAIN - after about the 2-3 time - I go directly to Paypal and just print out the label - and if they can't understand why I do this - they need to spend time CORRECTLY fixing their shipping - and NOT modifying the pages no one wants modified.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

I was able to print labels through Ebay even with all those glitches. That offer does look a bit suspicious. Why would Ebay add "President Lincoln?"

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@llllady

@llllady wrote:

Did you get that message in My eBay or did it come to your email?

I think the reference to "President" makes it a bit suspicious. 

Ha-ha!  Yes, I got that in my eBay messaging!  Hey, they know how to treat me with respect, what can I say?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 15 of 28
latest reply