cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading video to Listing

Hi everyone 

I am Adding videos to my listing since long and all are self recorded videos but i got this issue for the first time with my new products listing as i click on "list it" it shows me the following Caution

"VideoID(s) are not owned by the seller account."

Screenshot Attached

Any helpfull and Informative Response in this regard would be Appreciated

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-03-03 191839.png

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Uploading video to Listing

@geominrals 

Did you try to contact customer service concerning this issue? I know there have been problems with the video feature in the past.  Go to help and contact at the top of your page and see what they can advise.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@geominrals 

Did you try to contact customer service concerning this issue? I know there have been problems with the video feature in the past.  Go to help and contact at the top of your page and see what they can advise.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

no i have not, let me try this way. Thank you

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Brilliant answer.  🙄

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hi, 

we are having the same issue. First time I have forwarded to technical team and they promised me to give a replay within 72hours, unfortunately no one replied anything for me.

Today I have contacted live chat support again and they can not comment anything here. The only option was try to upload video again. My videos are short 4-10s. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

did your issue is solved or not ? i face same issue today what should i do ?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

we have stopped adding videos in listing.

Too much time is wasted, technicians can not give any replies even support is promising that they will give a solution.

Maybe someone else find out how to solve this issue?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@onlyit  Not sure what problems you are having with video, but you might want to try again. I have been loading videos without trouble. Just want to mention two things:

1. Previously, I had DSL, and uploads took forever and often timed out. Now, I have fiber optic, and uploads are blazingly fast and I haven't had a timed our video since the upgrade. This, of course, is not on ebay's end, it is an ISP issue.

2. I also have had fast reviews and approval processes, which I presume is on ebay's end. And ebay just announced that if a video is rejected, they are now set up to offer an actual reason. I don't know how well that is working, as I haven't had a rejection lately, but if it is working, well, as I say, you might want to give this another try.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

When i was facing this problem it first was because of the access i have given to an assistant who was listing for me that i figure out at the end, while i am uploading videos to listings from my main account it uploads promptly with no issue but when someone else that you have given access uploads video you would face this problem.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

same! "VideoID(s) are not owned by the seller account."

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

this is not about a rejection @my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

As @geominrals  write a situation, it causes the same to me. If I have a person who has the allowance to create listings, these videos have the same error. "VideoID(s) are not owned by the seller account." If I upload the same file, just from the main account this video appears on the listing. This two time uploading takes too much time, and the support event does not understand how it "works" on their own system.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@onlyit  devon@ebay 

If I understand you correctly, you have Multi User Account set up for ebay, which allows designated people to perform certain (but not all) activities on your behalf.

I'm guessing because video was only added relatively recently to the listing flow, and because video, unlike photos, must be pre-approved before going live, adding video is currently viewed by ebay as one of the activities that cannot be performed by a designated person. under MUA.

devon@ebay  Is that correct? And if so, is there a way for an MUA designee to add video on the seller's behalf? If not, is that an action ebay is planning on adding to MUA in the future?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@onlyit  devon@ebay 

If I understand you correctly, you have Multi User Account set up for ebay, which allows designated people to perform certain (but not all) activities on your behalf.

I'm guessing because video was only added relatively recently to the listing flow, and because video, unlike photos, must be pre-approved before going live, adding video is currently viewed by ebay as one of the activities that cannot be performed by a designated person. under MUA.

devon@ebay  Is that correct? And if so, is there a way for an MUA designee to add video on the seller's behalf? If not, is that an action ebay is planning on adding to MUA in the future?

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! Let me look into to this and get you the most up to date information of MUA's ability to add video. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thanks devon@ebay  It would be good to know.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi devon@ebay I have the same problem.

I'm the assistant using Multi-User account trying to upload a video on a listing, and it gives me the same problem.

Do you have something for us in regard to this issue?

Thanks!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply